$10.00
Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

The Hunters: German U-Boats at War, 1939-43» Forums » News

Subject: Made the cut rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Richards
United States
Bellevue
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got an email from GMT saying "The Hunters" had made the p500 cut. No date yet or anything, but this is good news :)
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Coats
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time to sink some tonnage.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nadir Elfarra
United States
Pasadena
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Got it, too, but noticed the bit where they said a charge date wouldn't be set until it crossed 700 pre-orders, so everyone keep the pressure up!

(Unless John K says that Consim Press will print at 500 rather than 700)

-N
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nadir_E wrote:
Got it, too, but noticed the bit where they said a charge date wouldn't be set until it crossed 700 pre-orders, so everyone keep the pressure up!

(Unless John K says that Consim Press will print at 500 rather than 700)

-N

Would be great to keep the preorders coming in as our cut is much better for preorders than what we can take in via distributor sales...but hey, no complaints here given how we blazed through the P500 mark. So long as everyone is able to obtain the game somehow and get great enjoyment from playing it, that's all we can wish for!!

We're working on getting this game ready for the presses. If all goes according to plan, we will debut this game at CSW Expo 2012 (June 25, 2012). Fingers crossed and thanks to everyone for their tremendous support!!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
dandechino wrote:
Time to sink some tonnage.

hehe...good one. Thanks for your preorders, Brad, Daniel, and Nadir!

I'm really looking forward to hearing about everyone's tour of duty and careers as U-Boat captain once they get this game and take it for a spin. I'm sure we will have some great story-telling and replays to share amongst ourselves when the time comes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Ransom
United States
Forest
Virginia
flag msg tools
There are two kinds of ships: Submarines, and Targets.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow -- that was fast!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Davidson

Livonia
Michigan
msg tools
SF3D
mbmbmbmbmb
Free Skipper caps for the first 500 I say

I have Silent War, and Steel Wolves. I think The Hunters will be an excellent addition to my collection at a scale where I can get a quick fix. Can't wait to get my copy!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
zhodanicommando wrote:
Free Skipper caps for the first 500 I say

I have Silent War, and Steel Wolves. I think The Hunters will be an excellent addition to my collection at a scale where I can get a quick fix. Can't wait to get my copy!


Quick fix. That describes it well. That's basically the idea.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any idea how much to ship to Canada?

Thx
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulation John!

Looking forward to get this one, I have been hoping for a Submarine/U-Boat game like this for years. I pre-ordered as soon as kastrologos posted on the B-17: Queen of the Skies page. I'm P500 #315.

John, have you thought of a way to play this game in a "Play-by-Forum" environment? Sort of like we are doing in the B-17: Queen of the Skies Forum. It could be fun to get a Wolf-Pack going!

Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this game!!!

Jim P cool
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
ubi bene ibi patria
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:


John, have you thought of a way to play this game in a "Play-by-Forum" environment? Sort of like we are doing in the B-17: Queen of the Skies Forum. It could be fun to get a Wolf-Pack going!

Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this game!!!

Jim P cool

My thoughts exactly! cant wait to do a similar "Play-by-Forum" campaign!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
jasta6 wrote:


John, have you thought of a way to play this game in a "Play-by-Forum" environment? Sort of like we are doing in the B-17: Queen of the Skies Forum. It could be fun to get a Wolf-Pack going!

Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this game!!!

Jim P cool

My thoughts exactly! cant wait to do a similar "Play-by-Forum" campaign!

Yes, indeed. That's definitely part of the plan. We are actually working to debut this game at CSW Expo 2012 (June 25) if we can manage it as well -- where we will be holding a live tournament on-site. But to your point -- hell 'ya -- we definitely want to put together a tournament program online as well...the game is perfect for that (just as B-17 has proven) and I plan to participate as well!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
consimworld wrote:
Yes, indeed. That's definitely part of the plan. We are actually working to debut this game at CSW Expo 2012 (June 25) if we can manage it as well -- where we will be holding a live tournament on-site. But to your point -- hell 'ya -- we definitely want to put together a tournament program online as well...the game is perfect for that (just as B-17 has proven) and I plan to participate as well!


Great to here! I absolutely will be interested in a forum game too!

Sadly I will not be able make Arizona for the con, but if you move it up to the mid-west then I just might make it.

John, do you mined if I PM you with some question on the tourney setup?

Thanks for your response!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!
Jim Pcool
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
kastrologos wrote:
jasta6 wrote:


John, have you thought of a way to play this game in a "Play-by-Forum" environment? Sort of like we are doing in the B-17: Queen of the Skies Forum. It could be fun to get a Wolf-Pack going!

Can't wait to get my grubby little hands on this game!!!

Jim P cool

My thoughts exactly! cant wait to do a similar "Play-by-Forum" campaign!


Alex, If I find any Greek names on your Unterseeboot crew, I will have to detain the crew of the "Nymph" as possible spy's...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Sheely
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This hit 550 preorders VERY fast! That's great for me because I have really, really really wanted a U-Boat game ever since I got into wargaming. I tried PQ-17 which was fun but too big for me. I want something smaller scale and faster playing.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Merry Christmas all!

May santa bring you all the torps you need!!



Now this must have been a nasty job in the winter!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Kranz
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice photo, Jim! I assume this was in Kiel perhaps? I wonder if that's a G7a or G7e torpedo as well.

Knock on wood...preorders are looking fantastic. Thanks to everyone for their support and Happy Holidays!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexandros Boucharelis
Greece
Drama
flag msg tools
designer
ubi bene ibi patria
mbmbmbmbmb
jasta6 wrote:


Alex, If I find any Greek names on your Unterseeboot crew, I will have to detain the crew of the "Nymph" as possible spy's...

LOL!!! Jim, when the time comes, my crew will be strictly Germanic laugh
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.