Subject: Geekmod push rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Doctor_Who_FTW! [+] [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be helpful to have a geekmod push thread. This way I can get a subscription notice when people need an article or photo series pushed through geekmod.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems like it would only be a quick way for GG. Any article can be published with no GG as a reward and any photo(within the TOS) can be uploaded to a user's personal gallery and linked throughout BGG. I see no reason people would need to "push" something through Geekmod except to gain GG on items that normally wouldn't make the cut.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
SliverXII wrote:
This seems like it would only be a quick way for GG. Any article can be published with no GG as a reward and any photo(within the TOS) can be uploaded to a user's personal gallery and linked throughout BGG. I see no reason people would need to "push" something through Geekmod except to gain GG on items that normally wouldn't make the cut.

You forget impatience.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R Moore
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
This user loves Easter eggs.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
SliverXII wrote:

You forget impatience.

I'm all for getting a little nudge to check the mod. I don't usually but if my friend has pictures stuck in there, I'll do a sorte.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be perfectly happy to decline as many image uploads for somebody as they want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Halliday
United Kingdom
Herts.
flag msg tools
XPgeddon: 8 April 2014
badge
London Cans 2008: The view is more interesting from over here.
mbmbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
I'll be perfectly happy to decline as many image uploads for somebody as they want.

Not quite in the spirit of the thread surely .

Seriously though, it doesn't take long for images and other stuff to be modded, and I share the concern about getting stuff through that shouldn't.

Just checked - 35 images waiting in Geekmod. I'll do some now, but I won't drop my standards devil.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
no one asks any one to drop standards. If anything this kinda helps geekmod chug along in the dry periods. Kinda reminds me to hop on mod.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if anyone feels like doing some modding on VGG, there's more than 300 images alone that are waiting for review.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll push a few through!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Well, if anyone feels like doing some modding on VGG, there's more than 300 images alone that are waiting for review.

http://videogamegeek.com/wiki/page/VGG_Image_Policy

This is the image policy on VGG. Thanks to anyone willing to meet this monumental task.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, it's necessary to have a closer look at the policy as it is a bit stricter than on BGG but even if one were only to stick to the obvious stuff (like blurry, badly rotated pics and things like that) there's still a lot to do.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Yeah, it's necessary to have a closer look at the policy as it is a bit stricter than on BGG but even if one were only to stick to the obvious stuff (like blurry, badly rotated pics and things like that) there's still a lot to do.

Quite a bit stricter:
These general rules apply no matter which gallery the image is been submitted:

YOU MAY NOT UPLOAD IMAGES FROM OTHER WEBSITES for now, this may change later with very strict rules;
We are not allowing explicit images for adult video games until we can implement some adult filter for the website;
You must own the image in some way or have permission to use it for this purpose. If it is a game cover or screenshot, it must be a scan of your own game cover or a screenshot of the same;
If the image is an original piece of artwork, you must have written permission of the intellectual property rights holder to upload it;
If your image is declined, seek out the reason and correct the problem. Do not try to upload again in the hopes it will get through geekmod;
Images must be in normal RGB format. CMYK isn't universally supported by all browsers yet and will be blocked by the upload system;
If you got written permission to use the image from the intellectual property rights holders, remember to add them on the 'Comment' area when uploading;
Animated images are not allowed;
Watermarked Images are not allowed;
Images must be cropped, correctly orientated and without glare;
Images outside the size guidelines should not be submitted and will be declined;
Images without captions should not be submitted and will be declined.
Since not all rules can be covered adequately, we reserve the right to judge any image to not be in the best interest of the VGG and remove it. This would be a very rare situation and we hope it never happens.
You are not allowed to link images from a personal gallery to a database entry.

Guidelines for the Screenshots Gallery

The screenshot gallery should have at most 12 screenshots;
Each game entry should have only 1(ONE) screenshot for each type of screen it has. For example:
Combat Window;
Title Screen;
CGI Screen (a.k.a. cut scene);
Dialog Screen;
Etc...
For console or handheld titles, a good quality photograph from the TV or handheld screen is allowed as a screenshot, but it must meet all the other standards for submission;
You can upscale a screenshot of an older console to show more close to how we saw on the TV, give the resolution.
Screenshots limists applies for the game and not for each entry. If the difference on the screen among platforms is very different, you may submit a new set of screenshot per platform.
If you do that, use the note field to explain to the geekmodders why you are adding a similar screenshot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Meepleplex wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

Not quite in the spirit of the thread surely .

Humor... it does a body good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:

Gone through the lot (plus Board games and RPG), be careful when going through as there is a lot of oversized and undersized cover shots.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. VGG always needs modding. Lots of GG in them hills...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
This might be an odd request and not sure if this is appropriate to request here, so feel free to ignore, but I have a number of Video Game images uploaded that need geek modded.

Here's the odd part, in my haste to do the scans I failed to notice the dimensions and all my PS2 submissions are larger than the maximum of 1900x1400. I have corrected this with the original scans since, but did not want to resubmit (upload) until the first submissions were declined.

My request is for my over sized PS2 game submissions (covers and sometime instruction booklet cover) to be declined so I can submit them in the proper dimensions. I think you make more geek gold if it is a successful decline and I have 31 pending images over on the Video Game side.

Thanks for taking the time to read and if you can do a little geek modding over at the Video Game side it would be much appreciated.

Decline me today! shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
Good thread.

I'm in need of a little push (BGG & VGG)... thanks, folks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh sure, I'll pop on over. Mwah-Ha-Ha!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:

That's the spirit!

Though, right now on BGG, there seem to be a lot of small, blurry or badly rotated pictures lately... people should LOOK at their pictures BEFORE uploading them. In many cases I bet this wasn't done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

That's the spirit!

Though, right now on BGG, there seem to be a lot of small, blurry or badly rotated pictures lately... people should LOOK at their pictures BEFORE uploading them. In many cases I bet this wasn't done.

Yipee! Decline! Decline! Decline!

Alright, I've hit Geekmod on all three sites and now I'm going to get myself a cookie.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pone4games wrote:
This might be an odd request and not sure if this is appropriate to request here, so feel free to ignore, but I have a number of Video Game images uploaded that need geek modded.

Here's the odd part, in my haste to do the scans I failed to notice the dimensions and all my PS2 submissions are larger than the maximum of 1900x1400. I have corrected this with the original scans since, but did not want to resubmit (upload) until the first submissions were declined.

My request is for my over sized PS2 game submissions (covers and sometime instruction booklet cover) to be declined so I can submit them in the proper dimensions. I think you make more geek gold if it is a successful decline and I have 31 pending images over on the Video Game side.

Thanks for taking the time to read and if you can do a little geek modding over at the Video Game side it would be much appreciated.

Decline me today! shake

Ah, those were yours?! Already declined them.

VGG really needs more modders. Last time I submitted some images, they took half a week to get through geekmod... Definitely much faster on the board game side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Pone4games wrote:

Decline me today! shake

Ah, those were yours?! Already declined them.

VGG really needs more modders. Last time I submitted some images, they took half a week to get through geekmod... Definitely much faster on the board game side.

Snap, Already gone through and declined oversized images. whistle

Anyone after a steady bit of geekmoding should make regular visits to VGG.

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you all! Rejection never felt so good and I appreciate the assist!

Still awaiting my decline notices so I can do a proper upload on my extensive PS2, PS1, and 3DO collection of games. Lots of items that need images over the video game side! Trying to see if I still have my old Avalon Hill computer games on cassettes! Had a great little space mining game that I have fond memories of.... cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

I just posted some images of some custom painted figs for Isla Dorada that I did for a friend. If you find them worthy, feel free to approve them in Geekmod.

Cheers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
Hey all,

I just posted some images of some custom painted figs for Isla Dorada that I did for a friend. If you find them worthy, feel free to approve them in Geekmod.

Cheers.

Those looked very cool. Definitely approved and recommended
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.