Subject: Geekmod push rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Doctor_Who_FTW! [+] [View All]
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
marble911 wrote:
Pone4games wrote:
This might be an odd request and not sure if this is appropriate to request here, so feel free to ignore, but I have a number of Video Game images uploaded that need geek modded.

Here's the odd part, in my haste to do the scans I failed to notice the dimensions and all my PS2 submissions are larger than the maximum of 1900x1400. I have corrected this with the original scans since, but did not want to resubmit (upload) until the first submissions were declined.

My request is for my over sized PS2 game submissions (covers and sometime instruction booklet cover) to be declined so I can submit them in the proper dimensions. I think you make more geek gold if it is a successful decline and I have 31 pending images over on the Video Game side.

Thanks for taking the time to read and if you can do a little geek modding over at the Video Game side it would be much appreciated.

Decline me today! shake

Ah, those were yours?! Already declined them.

VGG really needs more modders. Last time I submitted some images, they took half a week to get through geekmod... Definitely much faster on the board game side.

VGG needs more users all told.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mb
frumpish wrote:
VGG needs more users all told.

I'm not much of a video game person these days, and have all but forsaken them in favor of board games. So I really don't normally have much reason to wander over that way. For example, the last three video games I bought were...

2001 Diablo II: Lord of Destruction
2005 Sacred Gold
2009 Torchlight

However, to my actual point, it always takes time to build up a dedicated fan base for any site.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
Hey folks, I could use a little nudge again, over at VGG...

Thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Engoduun wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Images or other? I didn't see any articles etc by you, and I don't have time to sift through the ~100 images currently in the queue. Sorry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
Why should I fret in microcosmic bonds / That chafe the spirit, and the mind repress / When through the clouds gleam beckoning beyonds / Whose shining vistas mock man's littleness?
mbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
Engoduun wrote:

Thanks in advance!

Images or other? I didn't see any articles etc by you, and I don't have time to sift through the ~100 images currently in the queue. Sorry.

Just some images (Monkey Island...).

But it's no problem.

Sadly many people think like that and "overlook" VGG, which accounts for looong waiting times until approval, compared to BGG (or RPGG)...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm now doing several mod runs on all three domains every day, the only thing I leave out are the videos on VGG as that would take up way too much time.
I'm not really interested in RPGs or VGs but after I uploaded some box scans for VGG (from my bf's collection) I know how annoying it is to wait for days to get an image approved so I'm trying to help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
Engoduun wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
Engoduun wrote:
Hey folks, I could use a little nudge again, over at VGG...:)

Thanks in advance!

But it's no problem.:)

Sadly many people think like that and "overlook" VGG, which accounts for looong waiting times until approval, compared to BGG (or RPGG)...

I found I was not approving things that got in, like right now there is a buttload of FIFA 'XX in there, all gameplay screen shots. Way more than 12. But there are a bunch of pics in the game entry of those types of screen shots too. I just don't get what to approve and what not to. My niche knowledge of a niche field is limited to board game photos. I usually can only mod articles on VGG, and articles and most images on RPGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
Engoduun wrote:
Sigafoos wrote:
Engoduun wrote:
Hey folks, I could use a little nudge again, over at VGG...:)

Thanks in advance!

But it's no problem.:)

but I did wade through and look for yours!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sarge in charge!
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
Ash nazg durbatulûk
badge
mbmbmbmb
Thanks! And I know how you feel, sometimes I just "mass-decline" many images. Many people simply upload such small pictures or screenshots, I don't get it. For really old games this might be fine, but for later games this is not. There should be an automated declining process while uploading if any picture does not meet certain size criteria...

Simply because WE, the users, would like to browse or use those pictures, and too small or blurry ones certainly do not help anyone, they only clutter the database.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, I've got a few images for a review in video game geekmod right now, I'm hoping to submit the review tomorrow. If anyone has a chance that would be super hoopy!

http://videogamegeek.com/geekmod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went through them all (except videos).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Hey guys, I've got a few images for a review in video game geekmod right now, I'm hoping to submit the review tomorrow. If anyone has a chance that would be super hoopy!

http://videogamegeek.com/geekmod

Done

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks so much guys, anyone else out there?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Thanks so much guys, anyone else out there?

Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Sioux Falls
South Dakota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just added a session for Frontiers if anyone wants to help push 'er through.

Done... thanks: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/752183/small-skirmish-in-sec...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James 3
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just posted a session report for Eclipse, where i recount ideal conditions for Planta that led to their victory. please check it out, and throw some bag my way if you like it. i included images and think this is some of the first strategy content concerning Planta, so i wanted to write it. great game!

thx!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geekmod
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
flamejuggler wrote:
just posted a session report for Eclipse, where i recount ideal conditions for Planta that led to their victory. please check it out, and throw some bag my way if you like it. i included images and think this is some of the first strategy content concerning Planta, so i wanted to write it. great game!

thx!

Done

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gnome01 wrote:
flamejuggler wrote:

thx!

Done

Regards

Gnome

Did that too! Nice session report!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey all,

This isn't exactly for Geekmod, but I am trying my hand at microbadge creation for the first time over at the VGG. If anyone has time, can they go check out the microbadge thread and vote in my polls? I have 3 badges up for review. If you vote 'no' please leave some feedback as to what you may like changed.

Thanks! Here is the link:

VGG Microbadge design
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
There is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, and if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone. Ripple in still water, when there is no pebble tossed, nor wind to blow.
badge
To seek the sacred river Alph, to walk the caves of ice, to break my fast on honey dew and drink the milk of paradise... I had heard the whispered tales of immortality, the deepest mystery, from an ancient book I took a clue.
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
Hey all,

This isn't exactly for Geekmod, but I am trying my hand at microbadge creation for the first time over at the VGG. If anyone has time, can they go check out the microbadge thread and vote in my polls? I have 3 badges up for review. If you vote 'no' please leave some feedback as to what you may like changed.

Thanks! Here is the link:

VGG Microbadge design

Voted "yes" to all your submissions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone has a moment,

I am trying to get a microbadge approved here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8487066#8487066

It is for this:

'One with Everything'

Approval or design improvement advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
If anyone has a moment,

I am trying to get a microbadge approved here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/8487066#8487066

It is for this:

'One with Everything'

Thanks!

Voted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Norris
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1nf1n1ty wrote:
If anyone has a moment,

It is for this:

'One with Everything'

Thanks!

Voted!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Ebert
United States
Cape Coral
Florida
flag msg tools
Together We Game Alone (1 Player Guild)
badge
More Games Need ORANGE!
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
1nf1n1ty wrote:
If anyone has a moment,

It is for this:

'One with Everything'

Thanks!

Voted!

Same
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's currently a ton of spam in VGG articles (some also in the RPG articles) if anyone feels like going on a declining spree.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.