Popular Tags: [View All]
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Welcome everyone even though I'm still quite new around these parts myself. blush
marble911 wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
I also use smileys... like a lot.

Thanks all for the welcome! Meredith, let's form a B5 fanclub. cool

May I join?

Though I still love DS9 a little more. Maybe I should re-watch B5 after we're done re-watching Voyager...

I LOVE DS9. I'm currently not done watching it though (took a little break on season 6) But goes to show how great it is when it's one of my favorites and I'm not done yet.

So who's in the B5 fanclub?! We need a clubhouse. I nominate Meredith as president!

I don't really post in FTL, but if the ladies are starting a B5 fan club, I'll be right over thumbsup

PS: I nominate this as the official B5 fanclub micro-badge mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Containerguy wrote:
AH gets on the table about once every six weeks, but mostly, it's just two of us, playing 2 investigators each, which works surprisingly well. Ever played it on vassal ?

Nope, but the 2 investigators variant you mention sound fun, must give it a try once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
nadgamgee wrote:
Containerguy wrote:
AH gets on the table about once every six weeks, but mostly, it's just two of us, playing 2 investigators each, which works surprisingly well. Ever played it on vassal ?

Nope, but the 2 investigators variant you mention sound fun, must give it a try once.

You really need three investigators.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sica wrote:
Auramine O wrote:
Welcome everyone even though I'm still quite new around these parts myself. blush
marble911 wrote:
Auramine O wrote:

May I join?

Though I still love DS9 a little more. Maybe I should re-watch B5 after we're done re-watching Voyager...

I LOVE DS9. I'm currently not done watching it though (took a little break on season 6) But goes to show how great it is when it's one of my favorites and I'm not done yet.

So who's in the B5 fanclub?! We need a clubhouse. I nominate Meredith as president!

I don't really post in FTL, but if the ladies are starting a B5 fan club, I'll be right over thumbsup

PS: I nominate this as the official B5 fanclub micro-badge mb

YES! Welcome welcome! B5 fanclub initializing...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathrin
Austria
Wien
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
marble911 wrote:
Auramine O wrote:

May I join?

Season 6 and 7 have some of the very best episodes. Wasn't too happy about the ending though...but mostly because I simply didn't want it to end.

Who's your favourite DS9 character?

Just got myself the B5 microbadge. I wish there was a prettier one for DS9. The existing one is barely recognisable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Everybody,

I'm a longtime gamer but pretty new to the site. I'm also a bicentenial child. I grew up not far from Scranton, Pa where

the Office takes place.

I started gaming when my grandmother used to come over and whoop me good at Chess. Chess changed into Risk and Lords of Conquest for the Commodore 64. Risk evolved into the Gamemaster series games. Those games led into my love of wargaming and into the panoply of Avalon Hill, Victory Games, the Koei games (for NES). My friends and I could easily have 3-6 8+ hour gaming sessions in a week during the summer.

I left home and joined the Coast Guard. Standard board games don't work well on a ship when it's bobbing and weaving so I drifted off into card games. Spades, Rummy, Gin, Poker, Rook amonst others took up my time underway and when we were inport time most of my compadres were to busy for gaming.

When I went to college the wargames came back off the shelf, but I didn't add much to my collection. When I graduated, I moved to Philadelphia and for some reason the games went into storage and I spent most of my spare time playing video games like Madden, Zelda, and a few first person shooters. I met my wife in Philly as well. She's not much of a gamer, but I love her anyway.

After several years, I started graduate school in Wisconsin and that is where I am today. I broke the games back out again, and I started to play a few German style games. Not a big fan of Catan, but I got Ticket to Ride, Carcassone, and Race for the Galaxy to start off with. I got my wife to play the first two and I'm working on getting her to play the third. We try to break out games in the evening after we put our two boys to bed, but as you who are parents know working+kids equals not much time for games in the evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all! I am new to this site, although I am sure you figured that out by my blue/green "new user" label. I am 5'11" 155 lbs, and really into board games. My current challenge is getting my wife to enjoy them as much as I do!

I spend my days at work in the Navy. I have been in for four years, and am enjoying my fourth duty station in three years. These duty stations include the states RI, FL, TX and CA!

When I am not working or gaming, I can be found Rock climbing, swimming, biking, kite boarding, or building my own furniture. There are more things that keep me busy, but these are the main ones!

So far, I really like this site and its wealth of information. I am constantly exploring to see what else it has to offer!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brdk18 wrote:
Hello to all! I am new to this site, although I am sure you figured that out by my blue/green "new user" label. I am 5'11" 155 lbs, and really into board games. My current challenge is getting my wife to enjoy them as much as I do!

I spend my days at work in the Navy. I have been in for four years, and am enjoying my fourth duty station in three years. These duty stations include the states RI, FL, TX and CA!

When I am not working or gaming, I can be found Rock climbing, swimming, biking, kite boarding, or building my own furniture. There are more things that keep me busy, but these are the main ones!

So far, I really like this site and its wealth of information. I am constantly exploring to see what else it has to offer!

Welcome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
Hey Everybody,

I'm a longtime gamer but pretty new to the site. I'm also a bicentenial child. I grew up not far from Scranton, Pa where

the Office takes place.

I started gaming when my grandmother used to come over and whoop me good at Chess. Chess changed into Risk and Lords of Conquest for the Commodore 64. Risk evolved into the Gamemaster series games. Those games led into my love of wargaming and into the panoply of Avalon Hill, Victory Games, the Koei games (for NES). My friends and I could easily have 3-6 8+ hour gaming sessions in a week during the summer.

I left home and joined the Coast Guard. Standard board games don't work well on a ship when it's bobbing and weaving so I drifted off into card games. Spades, Rummy, Gin, Poker, Rook amonst others took up my time underway and when we were inport time most of my compadres were to busy for gaming.

Welcome

When I went to college the wargames came back off the shelf, but I didn't add much to my collection. When I graduated, I moved to Philadelphia and for some reason the games went into storage and I spent most of my spare time playing video games like Madden, Zelda, and a few first person shooters. I met my wife in Philly as well. She's not much of a gamer, but I love her anyway.

After several years, I started graduate school in Wisconsin and that is where I am today. I broke the games back out again, and I started to play a few German style games. Not a big fan of Catan, but I got Ticket to Ride, Carcassone, and Race for the Galaxy to start off with. I got my wife to play the first two and I'm working on getting her to play the third. We try to break out games in the evening after we put our two boys to bed, but as you who are parents know working+kids equals not much time for games in the evening.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi

I am a newbie to BGG but have been a gamer for nearly 2 years. My name is Ali, I am 25 from Leeds, England. My fave games are the Eurogames such as Carcassonne, Catan and Ticket to Ride and I am a big fan of 7 Wonders.
I'm an English Literature graduate so when I am not gaming, I am working as an HR Assistant whilst I save up to be a Teacher which is what I want to study to be in the next couple of years.
In my spare time, away from gaming and work, I like walking, swimming, reading, travelling to new places and discovering new adventures. I recently applied to be a girl guide leader so will hopefully be training in a few weeks.
At home, I live with my boyfriend, a fellow BGG and my cat, Oscar.

I am beginning to become more and more of a BGG addict, it's a great community on here but it feeds my addiction a little bit too much. hehe.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Fro
United States
Buffalo
United States
flag msg tools
admin
I just want to say, God, on behalf of all of us thank you for all of the good things we do in your name, like charity and forgiveness. That’s an idea we would never come up with. That’s for sure. You know that better than anybody.
mb
zaniah wrote:
Hi

I am a newbie to BGG but have been a gamer for nearly 2 years. My name is Ali, I am 25 from Leeds, England. My fave games are the Eurogames such as Carcassonne, Catan and Ticket to Ride and I am a big fan of 7 Wonders. :)
I'm an English Literature graduate so when I am not gaming, I am working as an HR Assistant whilst I save up to be a Teacher which is what I want to study to be in the next couple of years.
In my spare time, away from gaming and work, I like walking, swimming, reading, travelling to new places and discovering new adventures. I recently applied to be a girl guide leader so will hopefully be training in a few weeks.

I am beginning to become more and more of a BGG addict, it's a great community on here but it feeds my addiction a little bit too much. hehe.

Welcome! Stop by the FTL 2.0 thread and say HI!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick R
United Kingdom
Havant
Hampshire
flag msg tools
So long and thanks for all the fish
badge
42 - Life the Universe and Everything
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
Hi

I am a newbie to BGG but have been a gamer for nearly 2 years. My name is Ali, I am 25 from Leeds, England. My fave games are the Eurogames such as Carcassonne, Catan and Ticket to Ride and I am a big fan of 7 Wonders.

Welcome to BGG, I started my gaming at when I was up in Bradford so not far from you and you definitely live in a good area if you like walking.

Good advice from jfro, lots of people on the FTL 2.0 thread to help you with your BGG addiction devil

Regards

Gnome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Coats
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
Hi

Welcome! Great games there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
Hi

Welcome _ I'm from Scarborough so not far away from you at all
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
Hi

Oh, this community is definitely an echo chamber of reinforcement. Do you know how I spent my weekend? Playing a basic wargame by myself and buying the materials for a dice tower!

Glad to have you here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I bet you thoroughly enjoyed your weekend though.

I only managed to get like 3 games in this weekend - Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries, Seven Dragons and Belfort. All very good games though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:

I only managed to get like 3 games in this weekend - Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries, Seven Dragons and Belfort. All very good games though.

sweetness
we cracked out on Stone Age sat and sunday
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Coats
United States
Santee
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ali M
England
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have yet to try Stone Age. It does look good though, how many games did you get in over Sat and Sun?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space Intentionally Left Blank
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Corps_of_Oa wrote:

Aha! Yorkshire ftw!

Hi all, I'm Sam from... erm, everywhere, basically.

I've been lumbered with a public school accent from listening to the BBC too long and a double barrelled surname as my parents couldn't agree which name I was going to get (I shorten it to Hayes).

I was born in New Cross, lived in Brighton till I was 3, then Bexley till 6, the isle of man till 14, then Adelaide for 4 years, Back to the island for a year and now I inhabit York, the most beautiful medieval town on earth!

I pass my days here chasing spherical bits of leather on a pitch, looking enthusiastic while staying out of the way of play, and throwing another spherical bit of leather at a man with a large rectangular bit of willow. Occassionally I even attend a lecture!

I study economics, which gives me the dubious distinction of having my hobby as a subject. I get very, very cross and shouty when my grades drop below 70%, and when it goes to 60% I am liable to sulk for days, in a low mood equilibrium which can only be broken by insertion of biscuits and rea in copious quantities.

I've been lucky enough to live in some of the most beautiful places in the world (and Australia, too. Musn't forget Australia) and I love hiking and cycling, though I don't get to do much of either during term (too much sleeping to be done. It's a hard life).

I write a great deal, and to my shame having finally finished a full length book in October I have yet to go back and edit it. It's currently clogging up my desk in an accusing pile.

I say 'Old boy' a lot because I can never remember peoples names and frankly as I've lived in the same house as one of them for 9 weeks it's now moved beyond potentially awkward into downright embarrassing. I am incredibly absent minded when it comes to non-study related things, and will frequently forget what I'm saying in the middle of a sentence and the whole thing comes to an unsatisfactory full stop in mid flow a bit like thi.

I've recently found that I'm having to have people hide blood bowl team manager from me (one of the 3 games I took to uni) as I will happily play solo against myself for hours on end rather than study statistical theory.

Massive BBC fan, it's brilliant.

I recently became an old person (ie over 20) after a gap year at an insurance brokers (never, ever, ever again).

My BGGing comes in fits and starts- a month or so of heavy posting, then I drift off into the void, a bit like an asteroid that visits every few years or so, swinging destructively close, disrupting the lives of the superstitious and then returning to brood in the darkness

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Gamer
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:
I have yet to try Stone Age. It does look good though, how many games did you get in over Sat and Sun?

I just got stone age out of the wrapper last week. I have played 3 times with my wife.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zaniah wrote:

How's Seven Dragons?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Euroncrowseye wrote:
Corps_of_Oa wrote:

Aha! Yorkshire ftw!

Hi all, I'm Sam from... erm, everywhere, basically.

I've been lumbered with a public school accent from listening to the BBC too long and a double barrelled surname as my parents couldn't agree which name I was going to get (I shorten it to Hayes).

I was born in New Cross, lived in Brighton till I was 3, then Bexley till 6, the isle of man till 14, then Adelaide for 4 years, Back to the island for a year and now I inhabit York, the most beautiful medieval town on earth!

I pass my days here chasing spherical bits of leather on a pitch, looking enthusiastic while staying out of the way of play, and throwing another spherical bit of leather at a man with a large rectangular bit of willow. Occassionally I even attend a lecture!

I study economics, which gives me the dubious distinction of having my hobby as a subject. I get very, very cross and shouty when my grades drop below 70%, and when it goes to 60% I am liable to sulk for days, in a low mood equilibrium which can only be broken by insertion of biscuits and rea in copious quantities.

I've been lucky enough to live in some of the most beautiful places in the world (and Australia, too. Musn't forget Australia) and I love hiking and cycling, though I don't get to do much of either during term (too much sleeping to be done. It's a hard life).

I write a great deal, and to my shame having finally finished a full length book in October I have yet to go back and edit it. It's currently clogging up my desk in an accusing pile.

I say 'Old boy' a lot because I can never remember peoples names and frankly as I've lived in the same house as one of them for 9 weeks it's now moved beyond potentially awkward into downright embarrassing. I am incredibly absent minded when it comes to non-study related things, and will frequently forget what I'm saying in the middle of a sentence and the whole thing comes to an unsatisfactory full stop in mid flow a bit like thi.

I've recently found that I'm having to have people hide blood bowl team manager from me (one of the 3 games I took to uni) as I will happily play solo against myself for hours on end rather than study statistical theory.

Massive BBC fan, it's brilliant.

I recently became an old person (ie over 20) after a gap year at an insurance brokers (never, ever, ever again).

My BGGing comes in fits and starts- a month or so of heavy posting, then I drift off into the void, a bit like an asteroid that visits every few years or so, swinging destructively close, disrupting the lives of the superstitious and then returning to brood in the darkness

Welcome fellow Yorkshire man
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
This Space Intentionally Left Blank
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can never have too many Yorkshire people around, it's true
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  2 , 3 , 4 , 5 , 6  Next »  [6] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.