The Downfall of Pompeii» Forums » General

Subject: Is this OOP? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sophie Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This game has been recommended to me several times, but I'm having trouble finding it anywhere. Everyone says out of stock. Is it b/c the game is OOP, or is it just b/c of the holidays? Just wondeirng if I should prepare to shell out big bucks on eBay or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think its out of print.

At least two UK shops are expecting orders to arrive in soon. Probably just sold out all their copies due to the holidays and the reprint has been delayed. It is worth paying extra for but I would wait a couple months and get it cheap.

It is an excellent game.

Hmm,
All this said Mayfair state it is OOP.
http://mayfairgames.com/game.php?id=7&stock=ASI5771&name=Pom...

And the European distributor's website is helpfully in German only
http://www.amigo-spiele.de

Still, no I do not think it is OOP.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Cormier
Canada
Toronto (Scarborough)
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not out of print. My fav retailer still has a copy: http://www.meeplemart.com/products/downfall-of-pompeii
(I think he'll ship to the US).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Temple
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe they're preparing a 2nd Edition where you could actually play any color you want in a 2-player game. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Pompeii is no longer in stock at the manufacturer, and a reprint is not currently on our schedule.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Basiliv wrote:
Maybe they're preparing a 2nd Edition where you could actually play any color you want in a 2-player game. shake

I even tried to get Mayfair to send me the extra tokens that the rules mention but they wouldn't. Add that to the pile of crap decisions that game company routinely makes to go cheap on its customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayfair and Mayday are different companies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Owen
United States
Lisle
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like you might want to pick up the last US copy for sale here on the geek before it disappears.

It's a great game. I haven't played my copy in a while, but I'm also not planning on parting with it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:

I am speaking of Mayfair per my experience with their poor production standards and customer service regarding Pompeii (and other games, too, like Catan, Modern Art and etc.) But you're right: Mayday's name is also tarnished around these parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sophie Morgan
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, all. Discovering that it's OOP added a little urgency to the search. I called around to every place I could think of and I found it at a LGS that's two towns over from here and they were selling it for MSRP, not some inflated number. They're going to ship it here. I could have driven over there, but I'd have spent as much in gas as they're charging to ship, plus they're in a very congested shopping area that I don't want to go near until after New Year!

Thanks. Hope it's as fun as everyone says!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Jensen
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:
Thanks, all. Discovering that it's OOP added a little urgency to the search. I called around to every place I could think of and I found it at a LGS that's two towns over from here and they were selling it for MSRP, not some inflated number. They're going to ship it here. I could have driven over there, but I'd have spent as much in gas as they're charging to ship, plus they're in a very congested shopping area that I don't want to go near until after New Year!

Congrats. Make sure you tuck the volcano tabs the right direction so it doesn't fling open during the game. That's not the kind of fun you want to have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Never too proud or too honest to plug:

We come with the Dust and go with the wind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul LastName
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
FYI the game is available to play for free on Yucata.de.

http://www.yucata.de/en/GameInfo/Pompeji
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything - Mark Twain
mbmbmbmbmb
quixotequest wrote:
monkeyhandz wrote:

I am speaking of Mayfair per my experience with their poor production standards and customer service regarding Pompeii (and other games, too, like Catan, Modern Art and etc.) But you're right: Mayday's name is also tarnished around these parts.

My personal experience with Mayfair is excellent customer service where replacing missing or broken components (even of old and out of print games) is their standard (if possible). I also regard their components to be of decent quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OxfordRow wrote:

My wife and I played our first 2 games today - what a blast. You will love it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Mendez
United States
Eau Claire
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
One just came up on ebay and I added it to the ebay listings in the game page.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francis Cermak
United States
Naperville
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whish this was still in print if anyone from Mayfair is reading!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David C
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
mb
AlexYeager wrote:
Pompeii is no longer in stock at the manufacturer, and a reprint is not currently on our schedule.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

You could say this is the downfall of the downfall of pompeii...eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Imma B
United States
Metuchen
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep. I would like a copy too. Why there's no second edition? It's a good game. Hopefully the manufacturers are listening

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.