United States
Andover
Kansas
flag msg tools
GET OVER HERE!
badge
Who the @#&% was that?
mbmbmbmbmb
So I played this for the first time the other night, did the setup for three people and at the end of the gift phase there were two cards left over. I thought it was human error and we discarded them. It turns out that I have 89 cards instead of the listed 87. Also, I don't know if this version (Biblios) has the reference cards as listed (not mentioned in the rulebook) but I don't have any reference cards if it did.

What I have is:
5x resources lettered A-I. (45 cards)
3x values of gold, 11 of each value (33 cards)
Church cards:
2x +1 to 1 die
2x -1 to 1 die
2x -1 to 2 dice
3x +1 to 2 dice
2x either +1 or -1 to 1 die. (11 cards)
for 89 cards in total which always equals 2 extra cards.

So what do I have too many of? I couldn't find a breakdown online.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiorgos Golfinopoulos
Greece
Patras
GREECE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oreot wrote:
So I played this for the first time the other night, did the setup for three people and at the end of the gift phase there were two cards left over. I thought it was human error and we discarded them. It turns out that I have 89 cards instead of the listed 87. Also, I don't know if this version (Biblios) has the reference cards as listed (not mentioned in the rulebook) but I don't have any reference cards if it did.

What I have is:
5x resources lettered A-I. (45 cards)
3x values of gold, 11 of each value (33 cards)
Church cards:
2x +1 to 1 die
2x -1 to 1 die
2x -1 to 2 dice
3x +1 to 2 dice
2x either +1 or -1 to 1 die. (11 cards)
for 89 cards in total which always equals 2 extra cards.

So what do I have too many of? I couldn't find a breakdown online.

Take out one "+1 to 2 dice" and one "either +1 or -1 to 1 die". You can see the cards' breakdown on the inside of the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb

The breakdown he is talking about is on the lower left.
I think they did it this way so it could be language independent, rather then re-printing the breakdown in each language-dependent rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Smith
United States
Andover
Kansas
flag msg tools
GET OVER HERE!
badge
Who the @#&% was that?
mbmbmbmbmb
Doh, I forgot about the breakdown on the inside of the box, I had repackaged my game for portability. Thanks for the replies!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.