Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Allen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
The rules for placing treasure chests say:

"Only 1 chest can can be put in a building at one time"

Does that mean:

1. A building can *never* contain more than one chest.

2. A building can contain more than one chest, but only if they are placed on different turns?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Brune
United States
Torrance
California
flag msg tools
HEY! That TICKLES!
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Never. Look at it like this... the number of wooden chests of each color is carefully balanced to match the quantity of tiles available for each color, exactly 2 less than the number of tiles. The possible availability gets completely messed up if it's permitted to place multiple chests in one tile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Allen
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thanks very much for that, indeed it didn't seem to work too well playing the other way!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruumsh wrote:
1) Never. Look at it like this... the number of wooden chests of each color is carefully balanced to match the quantity of tiles available for each color, exactly 2 less than the number of tiles. The possible availability gets completely messed up if it's permitted to place multiple chests in one tile.
Well I would agree with you if the problem is with the English translation. Almost every one reads it the other way. They should have stated that there can only be one per tile but all that is said is you can only put one on per tile per turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Sanfilippo
United States
ISSAQUAH
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gruumsh wrote:
I tend to agree with you but can't get clarification from Queen Games. Everyone I play with goes the other way. The way it reads does look like you and I are wrong. I prefer it our way, but the arguments keeps coming up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.