Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space» Forums » Rules

Subject: rule clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,can someone just confirm if the aliene can attack you when you are in a secure zone.
Thanks
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Watts
United Kingdom
Southwell
Notts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Aliens can, indeed, attack you in a Secure Sector.

The 'Secure' label is only relevant because you don't have to draw a card which may (or may not) give away your location when you move into it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the quick reply,i thought that myself but had to convince others
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
intentionally blank
msg tools
dubatc wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply,i thought that myself but had to convince others


You are an idiot.

"Secure Sector" "Dangerous Sector". Surely the clue is in the name - it is dangerous because within that sector there is danger. That is what differentiates it from the secure sector - which is secure.

Do you see now?

No you cannot be attacked in the secure sector.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
NO!!!!!!!!
Read above and use common sense, you will break the whole mechanism of the game if you use the rule in this way, you then by extrapolation cannot allow an alien to even move into a secure space which makes a lot of maps unplayable. The secure area is only in relation to an area in which you cannot give away your exact position.
RTFM and pay attention to the entire thread. Your air of superiority smacks of trolling and trying to antagonize true board game fans.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
intentionally blank
msg tools
dubatc wrote:
NO!!!!!!!!
Read above and use common sense, you will break the whole mechanism of the game if you use the rule in this way, you then by extrapolation cannot allow an alien to even move into a secure space which makes a lot of maps unplayable. The secure area is only in relation to an area in which you cannot give away your exact position.
RTFM and pay attention to the entire thread. Your air of superiority smacks of trolling and trying to antagonize true board game fans.


Surely the idea of a "safe area" is a firm nod in the direction of the genre which the game apes?


Aliens can move through safe areas but not attack. It's obvious.

And I'm not a troll.


(Gotta go - your wife is calling).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mateenyweeny
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Raks Raks Raks
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ignore him.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
intentionally blank
msg tools
slinkydink wrote:
Just ignore him.


Cheers - I'm trying but he's a bit like a 60hz hum.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
What !!!! you're the one causing all the trouble, I am here as a new member of the BGG community trying to participate in a meaningful way and here is a troll making my life a pain in the $£%.
I am starting to doubt which side of this rule clarification I am on AND to be called a HUM when I am more relevant than that.
The aliens goo can attack in secure zones and any other interpretation is bumkin.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
intentionally blank
msg tools
dubatc wrote:
What !!!! you're the one causing all the trouble, I am here as a new member of the BGG community trying to participate in a meaningful way and here is a troll making my life a pain in the $£%.
I am starting to doubt which side of this rule clarification I am on AND to be called a HUM when I am more relevant than that.
The aliens goo can attack in secure zones and any other interpretation is bumkin.


I have met your type before - finding offence in the slightest remark.

Can we move back to the debate. We have played this at least a dozen times and the humans die. Almost always. If there were a secure zone (in the correct sense of the word), as the genre dictates there should be, thee game would not be a de-facto win for the aliens!

It's just an omission from the manual, they presumed that their use of English should have, indeed did, imply that the secure zones were SECURE.

And I not a troll. I am just trying to clarify the rules for this imaginative but slightly flawed game. But dubatc your Mum is dirty.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
oh dear
Intentionally blank where are you, are you just picking on me because I am Irish, as if things arent bad enough over here without this, it is christmas here after all, a little goodwill please and I wont even mention the parental remark.
Nothing is mentioned in the manual because it is not relevant, you can attack anywhere that is why there is no prescription in the attacking rules in the manual. Done, crystal clear, no ambiguity, finito. I am out of here.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
intentionally blank
msg tools
dubatc wrote:

Nothing is mentioned in the manual because it is not relevant,


It's not relevant when you can attack?

John 11:35

Are you really reacting to a flippant joke with a plea for special treatment because you are Irish?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall McGrath
Ireland
dublin
dublin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
intentionally blank wrote:
dubatc wrote:

Nothing is mentioned in the manual because it is not relevant,


It's not relevant when you can attack?

John 11:35

Are you really reacting to a flippant joke with a plea for special treatment because you are Irish?


For the love of.....
Special treatment would be nice and $100 billion would make the country happy as well.
Back to the topic, what has the bible got to do with anything-no offence, but you are just choosing to ignore vast chunks of the discussion and all the assembled facts-are you a republican?
The facts are you can attack in a secure zone and this has been confirmed by other members.
We are right you are wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
intentionally blank
msg tools
dubatc wrote:
intentionally blank wrote:
dubatc wrote:

Nothing is mentioned in the manual because it is not relevant,


It's not relevant when you can attack?

John 11:35

Are you really reacting to a flippant joke with a plea for special treatment because you are Irish?


For the love of.....
Special treatment would be nice and $100 billion would make the country happy as well.
Back to the topic, what has the bible got to do with anything-no offence, but you are just choosing to ignore vast chunks of the discussion and all the assembled facts-are you a republican?
The facts are you can attack in a secure zone and this has been confirmed by other members.
We are right you are wrong.


Och bless.

It's a quote, levity derived from a serious source. A recognized expression of despair.

I don't have any money. I don't know what your country's economic situation has got to do with the price of bread. Sorry bad homily.

One other memeber, ie 2 out of 3 does hardly a consensus make.

Look if there is someone else out there ot clarify would they please join in. Every time we play the humans get eaten.

Otherwise "dubatc" your mum says it's time for bed.

(my mistake - she's talking to me)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thread Locked

If this thread sounded a bit like someone arguing with himself...well there's a reason for that.

-MMM
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.