Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
τὰ ὄντα ἰέναι τε πάντα καὶ μένειν οὐδέν
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It says it comes with a box that holds the expansion and base set.

Is it too much for me to hope that that was a small typo and should, in fact, say 'expansions and base set'?

I wasn't too impressed with Qise of the Qemons, but I'd buy a second expansion in a heartbeat for a custom box to hold everything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evil!Travis
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
Imagine that.
badge
"You can only become slightly less embarrassing at Werewolf once you realize you are an abomination to the game like all of us." - dbmurph22
mb
Bahimiron wrote:
I'd buy a second expansion in a heartbeat for a custom box to hold everything.

+1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It must store Rise of the Demons too, I can't see they would overlook their expansion that is already out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Donghi
Italy
Near Milan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I can't see why anyone would want another, bigger box.
What is people doing with the original box? Are you keeping it at home for 'mint condition' purposes?

What I've done is:
- Take EVERYTHING out of the box.

- Lay the rule booklets and the scoring mat on the bottom.

- Place the deck of cards (each card in its sleeve) on top of the mat, in one corner. (EDIT: you can put a rubber band on them if you are so inclined, but they've never moved inside my box.)

- place all the dice (divided by type) in there. Just accommodate the bigger bags first (basic, assistant, corrupted) as you see fit, then pour on all the smaller bags.

- Close it off with the cloth dice bags

- Put the lid back on.

With this method, I have still enough space to put a 500GB external HD in there, with its USB cable, or anything else I care to bring with the game.

I think I could easily fit another 40 dice and a few cards. So please no, don't shove me another special box. I love the Dragon box and even if I know that another one would be as beautiful as this, I still don't want it to be part of an expansion. Because they'll make me pay for it even if I don't need it and don't want it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Busch

Broomfield
Colorado
msg tools
Not to shamelessly plug my own stuff, but with the custom dice tuck boxes I made, I can get the base set plus the expansion all in that tiny Rise of Demons expansion box. The Dragon die tin should hold plenty of expansions for me once the insert is tossed.

That being said, I am curious as to what this new carrying box will be like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Sessoms
United States
Butler
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You hovered over this, now you owe me a cookie.
mbmbmbmbmb
Its not the fact of storing the dice, its the fact that the box itself, at least for me is very awkward to store.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kiren Maelwulf
Canada
Richmond
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've taken the insert out to fit Rise of the Demons in. It is a bit of a mess, and little baggies holding every set of dice is a hassle as well. I both want and need a new box to carry the game, especially with additional dice released in the future. Had they not announced a new box, I would have spent money on a third-party storage container anyways, so it just makes sense to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
Export your BGG collection into a PDF document on bgg2pdf.com
badge
Export your BGG collection into a PDF document on bgg2pdf.com
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from the rulebook:

QUARMAGEDDON BOX STORAGE
The Quarmageddon Box is designed to hold more than just this expansion set— the insert has two compartments to hold your cards and Basic dice (Basic Quiddity and Assistants) and rows to hold your dice in sets of 5. Your Dice Bags, Glory Track and Rulebook can be stored under the insert.

It may hold more than just the base game, but nothing is sure...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cecil Deveau
United States
Stonington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using a Plano 3750 to hold all the dice for now, along with a standard CCG deck box to keep the cards handy. With quarmageddon I may need to lose the deck box since I'm not sure I can cram another 26 sleeved cards in there. As for the compartments, I have room for 5 more sets of dice. Hopefully I can make it work, as I love the Plano for storing the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M S
United States
Lakewood
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nors wrote:
This is from the rulebook:

QUARMAGEDDON BOX STORAGE
The Quarmageddon Box is designed to hold more than just this expansion set— the insert has two compartments to hold your cards and Basic dice (Basic Quiddity and Assistants) and rows to hold your dice in sets of 5. Your Dice Bags, Glory Track and Rulebook can be stored under the insert.

It may hold more than just the base game, but nothing is sure...

Any guesses as to if the compartments will hold sleeved cards? I'll guess no, as the original one did not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hopefully the BOX will be as visually attractive as the TIN,
and the garish cover art we see here for Quarmageddon is just another slipcase.

and more hope for sleeved cards fitting in the insert.

edit to add: sleeving cards is a necessity for this game due to the many different printing types done: the promo, base set, and RotD expansion, as well as the new PnP Christmas cards all have different color hues and s ome have different paper stock.
And I am sure the Quarmageddon cards will be yet a different shade of cardback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snappy Dan
United States
Wesley Chapel
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Genre_Fad wrote:
sleeving cards is a necessity for this game due to the many different printing types done: the promo, base set, and RotD expansion, as well as the new PnP Christmas cards all have different color hues and s ome have different paper stock.
And I am sure the Quarmageddon cards will be yet a different shade of cardback.

It's not a necessity, since the cards are not hidden info during the game and players do not play with the cards in-hand. If you're that concerned about seeing card back differences while shuffling the deck before creating the Wild, shuffle them under the table. Or just pile shuffle and cut once.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree that sleveing is really not necessary with this game. The cards are shuffled once and then drawn. There is no way to cheat or change the order of the cards. Wear will be minimal after hundreds of plays. Non issue for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ya'itz Yer'moov
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
All That We See Or Seem
badge
Is But A Dream Within A Dream.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterio wrote:
not a necessity

rickert wrote:
really not necessary

Point taken. Sleeving IS NOT NECESSARY.
(just wear gloves and a blindfold when shuffling and picking the cards. Just Joking!)
But the card printing quality DOES suck.

Quarageddon Rulebook wrote:

Your Dice Bags, Glory Track and Rulebook can be stored under the insert.

This doesn't sound like a good idea, makes me think the insert will be in need of modification by me anyway.
As long as the box looks good, I will enjoy pimping out my own insert.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave DiMaio
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh.....I had to put 20 basic quiddity dice in one of the card slots in order to fit both expansions and the base game in the new box.
I just don't understand, did we forget about Rise of the Demons??
Now I have to hope the next expansion holds itself, the Quarmageddon box and has extra space.

shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the clear plastic "cover" is actually meant as a 2nd level of storage for the dice. That would free up the 2nd card slot and provide lots of spare space for future dice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
I believe the clear plastic "cover" is actually meant as a 2nd level of storage for the dice. That would free up the 2nd card slot and provide lots of spare space for future dice.

Yes, you are right. It was explained that way to me at Origins. It is supposed to be able to hold the next couple of expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just in case it's still a mystery, the box is excellent in all regards minus one...

There is not room for all the dice from the base set plus both expansions.

No biggie, I put the quiddity dice under the insert and all is well. Other than that, the internal storage is really, really well done.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ferris1971 wrote:
Just in case it's still a mystery, the box is excellent in all regards minus one...

There is not room for all the dice from the base set plus both expansions.

No biggie, I put the quiddity dice under the insert and all is well. Other than that, the internal storage is really, really well done.

Are you utilizing the top of the clear part?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Lott
United States
Little Elm
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Black
United States
Blacklick
Ohio
flag msg tools
Use an innocuous word the mods don't like... that's a banning
badge
Have an opinion... that's a banning
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned this elsewhere but I found it refreshing that they decided to make sure the storage of the new expansion would also have room for future expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.