Dixit Odyssey» Forums » General

Subject: Likelihood of Story Teller getting no points in 7+ player game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Thorvilson

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In playing the original, there was often the case of the Store Teller not getting any points (all or no votes). It seems with the 7 or more players for Odyssey that that would almost never happen. Is this a poor assumption on my part? Have your experiences been otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All votes is less likely, but NO votes is even more likely, actually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Thorvilson

Washington
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting.

I guess my thought was that although there are more voting choices (to take away votes from Story Teller), with 2 votes per player the Story Teller would get some secondary votes back.

Glad I asked. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thorvilfun wrote:
Interesting.

I guess my thought was that although there are more voting choices (to take away votes from Story Teller), with 2 votes per player the Story Teller would get some secondary votes back.

Glad I asked. Thanks!

I believe the 2nd vote is optional - and I mean really, you're just helping guarantee the storyteller and someone else some points with that extra vote, if you believe your first one...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.