Subject: rules pls rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
fido
Belgium
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
What does hecate add to the game?? From what I can tell in the pic she lets you place two columns and your troops can travel between those two islands with the columns on them???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bruno cathala
France
st pierre en faucigny
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You've got it !!!
When activating Hecate, you place 2 coloûmns on the 2 island of your chaoice.
Now, troups can move from one island to the other with Ares !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How long do the coloûmns stay on the islands?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Disgustipater
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
How long do the coloûmns stay on the islands?

They stay until Hecate shows up again and someone pays to place them elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks I didn't get a card with me promo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the only way to use Hecate is to buy her on one round and set up the columns for 2g - then next round you have to both win Ares AND Ares has to be in turn order BEFORE Hecate or someone else will move the columns before you get to use them...?

seems like you could get boned very easily with this one ...??? A waste of an entire turn and 2g quite possibly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Allen
United States
Madison
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Zalco wrote:
Thanks I didn't get a card with me promo.

me either ...is there supposed to be one? Seems like there should have been some card or sheet or something with it to explain it ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott M.
United States
Winter Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glookose wrote:
So the only way to use Hecate is to buy her on one round and set up the columns for 2g - then next round you have to both win Ares AND Ares has to be in turn order BEFORE Hecate or someone else will move the columns before you get to use them...?

seems like you could get boned very easily with this one ...??? A waste of an entire turn and 2g quite possibly.

Yep!...

To pull it off is the counter to how powerful the ability is.

Idealy you want to activate her on your two islands or on an opponents island where he has to spend time to move people to to defend. you can delay that by denying them Poseidon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
atraangelis wrote:
glookose wrote:

Yep!...

To pull it off is the counter to how powerful the ability is.

Idealy you want to activate her on your two islands or on an opponents island where he has to spend time to move people to to defend. you can delay that by denying them Poseidon.

Correct me if I read this wrong, but this seems to suggest that Hecate would still be around the very next round which is not possible. In the next round, either Hecate would be replaced by another Divine Favor or Hades would show, prompting a reshuffle of the Divine Favors (she theoretically could show up in the round after the next in this situation). The columns likely will remain where they are for at least a few turns, possibly longer. Your buddy had better keep outbidding you for Ares because sooner or later you're going to meet him at the crossroads...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connors
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is she just another god you shuffle in and bid for? The size/shape seem to make this difficult.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, she is a "Divine Favor" like those found in the Hades expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.