♪ Isaäc Bickërstaff ♫
United States
Greer
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
Entropy Seminar:
badge
The results of a five yeer studee ntu the sekund lw uf thurmodynamiks aand itz inevibl fxt hon shewb rt nslpn raq liot.
mb
I'm looking for a clarification on how the general cards score with a trick. I'm aware that a general MUST be captured in order for any of the other cards in that suit to count, and I'm aware that the number of generals taken in that suit count as a multiplier toward other captured cards. But....

· Do generals count as captured cards, or do they only act as multipliers?
· Do the generals themselves have point values based on the number of stars they have?
· Does a 3-star general count as a multiplier of 1 or 3 against other captured cards?

Thanks for any clarification anyone can provide.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Van Biesbrouck
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
(number of regiment cards)*(number of generals)+(number of stars)

Generals aren't regiment cards, so if you collect only generals then you only get points for the stars. See the page-crossing example just before `end of game'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And my copy of the game is back at work. Sigh.

I thought it was just (# of regiment cars) * (sum of stars on generals). When I get to the office tomorrow, I'll double check, but I could swear...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I double checked, and boy, have we been playing it wrong.

Yup. Score, by color, is (# of total stars) + (# of regiment cards * # of general cards).

Boy, our games are going to be much lower scoring.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.