Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Committing players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Ford
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One question I have, the rules and videos I've seen are unclear - do you have to commit your player to the end zone side of the highlight or tournament closest to you?

I know you can only have players on 1 side of the event. But in all the examples I've seen players are only committing to the side closest to them. Is that just a convention because it's easier? Or is that how it's supposed to be done? Is the game supposed to have the random factor of one side happening to get better default rewards for committing to highlights on a particular week?

For example, last night we played and on my side I had a highlight with the end zones on my side of the table giving 1 team upgrade and another giving me 2 star players. My opponent had a side with 2 team upgrades and 1 staff upgrade.

So can I put my card in the side with the 1 staff upgrade? I'm still committing only to 1 side. It's just on the far side of the table. A bit cumbersome but I can't find any rule against it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
deathhq wrote:
One question I have, the rules and videos I've seen are unclear - do you have to commit your player to the end zone side of the highlight or tournament closest to you?

No. The rules stat this. I haven't paid enough attention to the videos, but I thought they purposely showed some going "across the table."

What I notice though, is most people tend to focus on what's closest to them. And even though I tell them, they don't grasp it until I take the slot sitting in front of them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken H.
United States
Amherst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

If you're first, you get to pick which side you want.

Usually when I play, I'll turn the highlight card so the side I'm playing on is closer to me. This works great for two player games, but doesn't always help for 3-4 player games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.