$10.00
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quick, self-aggrandizing note: my game Ketchup is a finalist in Daniel Solis' 1000-Year Game Design Challenge, along with 6 other games, all of which look like they could be better than Ketchup.

So winning is probably still a long shot but who cares I'm awesome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin B. Smith
United States
Walnut Creek
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
With all that awesomeness swirling around, you forgot to link to your game:

Catchup

Congrats!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
peakhope wrote:
With all that awesomeness swirling around, you forgot to link to your game:

Catchup

Congrats!

Derp. Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Davis
United States
New Concord
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some interesting game ideas there, but to me Zuniq and Ketchup are the only ones that have the "classic" feel that the contest seems to be going for. Maybe Take-Back-Toe, but the randomness in it feels very ...James Ernest-y just from reading the rules.

And the hex board seems like a strange thing to object to....

But of course I don't mean to cast aspersions. I think the contest is an awesome idea - congrats to the finalists and kudos to Daniel and his wife for running and judging it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bentley
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
coolpapa wrote:

And the hex board seems like a strange thing to object to....

This caught me slightly by surprise as well. I'm so used to designing hex-board games that the square grid has begun to feel alien to me, even though Daniel has point: there aren't many hex grids in history. Probably because they're harder to construct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.