6 Posts

7 Wonders» Forums » Rules

Subject: Free city Babylon (B) rule rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shannon Keough
Australia
flag msg tools
Just wondering how the free city should be played once the ability of the babylon wonder to play the 7th card is active?

The possibilities we've come up with

1) the player who has the free city card plays as per normal on the 6th round and then passes the free city card and the 7th card in that hand so the other player draws the last card for the 7th round and choose one to play for the free city and one to discard. This seems to best match the accepted standard of playing the 7th card after the 6th card as an extra round.

2) the player with the free city card draws both remaining draw cards in round 6 and chooses two to play for the free city, one to play themself and one to discard.

3) the player with the free city card draws one card and plays round 6 as per usual. Then the seventh draw card is played if possible or discarded. In this case, which player chooses whether to play the card or build a wonder stage if both are possible?

Some clarification on this would be great thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe it is D. Whatever 2 cards Babylon has in hand are built. No passing back and forth. No drawing from the free city deck. Having the free city card doesn't matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Pop
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ColtsFan76 wrote:
I believe it is D. Whatever 2 cards Babylon has in hand are built. No passing back and forth. No drawing from the free city deck. Having the free city card doesn't matter.

The question was about when Babylon is the free city and for Babylon the third stage of the wonder is built.

It is a very good question, I would say it would be version 3 and the player which did not have the free city in round 6 would decide on this. But that is just my opinion, maybe somebody more qualified could give us the correct answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, I was reading on my phone last night and took me a while to even get as far as I did on understanding the exact situation of the question.

The player who has the Free city should definitely keep the card - no passing. What the "7th" card should be, should be the card that is left over in hand. So the Free City card holder gets 2 cards in round 6 and draws one. Rules state the final card in the draw pile is discarded. So of the 3 he has, 1 is played to the Free City, one to his area, and the 3rd card left over can either optionally be played as the 7th Free city card because of Babylon or discarded.

So Option 3 is correct with the player holding the free city card making the full and final decision.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amin Ali
Malaysia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This may be a stupid question but, for the 7th card could we pay using a resource used to pay the 6th card? As stated in the rulebook the resource only replenish each subsequent turns.. Any opinions?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
E_Slumb wrote:
This may be a stupid question but, for the 7th card could we pay using a resource used to pay the 6th card? As stated in the rulebook the resource only replenish each subsequent turns.. Any opinions?

I am of the opinion it resets. What is questionable is if you can use any resources played during the 6th card (either from yourself or your neighbors) to pay for it. or if you are still limited to what you had before you started the 6th round.

Personally I think you should be able to because it is otherwise unrealistic to expect a person to have ALL the resources he needs for both cards at the same time. plus the game doesn't really have a memory of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.