Madhujith Venkatakrishna
India
Bangalore
Karnataka
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to confirm-

- Move is different to using rail.
- I can move my army to an adjacent region (from say a different country to a home province) then use rail to reach the border on some other side so that next round I can "move" and do battle or other wise

- I can use railroad only in the home provinces of a country and not in other countries where the armies have to move one province at a time
- Can I use a friendly fleet to transport my army or it has to be only that country's fleet?

Thanks for helping out.

Best,
Madhu

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Pop
Romania
Cluj-Napoca
Cluj
flag msg tools
It's flat, mate! :)
badge
Calavera!
mbmbmbmbmb
madhujith wrote:

Yes. You either move then be taken on the rail or viceversa.

madhujith wrote:
- I can move my army to an adjacent region (from say a different country to a home province) then use rail to reach the border on some other side so that next round I can "move" and do battle or other wise

Yes. If the army just moved into it's home province then it can "slide" wherever it wants/can within that province.

madhujith wrote:
- I can use railroad only in the home provinces of a country and not in other countries where the armies have to move one province at a time
- Can I use a friendly fleet to transport my army or it has to be only that country's fleet?

Units may only use their own home province railroads and can be only transported by fleets of their own nation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jones
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
madhujith wrote:
Just to confirm-

Next round yes.

I think of it this way. Each army has 1 point of movement per turn. Moving across a border costs 1 movement point. Moving between home provinces costs 0 movement points. You can move on rails within your country for 0 points, then exit for 1 point. You can enter your country, then move on rails, but not exit in the same turn because that would cost a 2nd movement point.

Quote:

And also not in your home country in any province that is unfriendly-occupied. Think of those as no longer painted in your color. You cannot move into your country from outside, then move again to attack the occupying army. The second move is like moving out of your country and costs a movement point. If you have an army that starts within your country, it can move several spaces then attack an occupying unit. It has used 0 movement points so far, and uses its 1 to make the move against the occupying unit.

Quote:

No, only your own country.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Gerecht
Germany
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Quote:

Next round yes.

I think of it this way. Each army has 1 point of movement per turn. Moving across a border costs 1 movement point. Moving between home provinces costs 0 movement points. You can move on rails within your country for 0 points, then exit for 1 point. You can enter your country, then move on rails, but not exit in the same turn because that would cost a 2nd movement point.

What if the enemy is already inside your country. E.g. the french army is in Spain and the german army is in Paris. Is it possible to first move into France, then use the railroad to Paris and attack the German force there in the same round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ascendancy wrote:
Quote:

Next round yes.

What if the enemy is already inside your country. E.g. the french army is in Spain and the german army is in Paris. Is it possible to first move into France, then use the railroad to Paris and attack the German force there in the same round?

No, you can move everywhere in France but not to Paris. Only unoccupied spaces have a working railroad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
You can move into but not through occupied territories using the internal railroad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
Knowledge is power!
mbmbmbmbmb
thyl wrote:
ascendancy wrote:
Quote:

Next round yes.

No, you can move everywhere in France but not to Paris. Only unoccupied spaces have a working railroad.

next round if you are within your home province, you can move your army into the occupied province and attack the hostile army. right?>

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Siromist wrote:

next round if you are within your home province, you can move your army into the occupied province and attack the hostile army. right?>

Yes, you could move by railroad inside your country and attack an army if you haven´t crossed a countries border that turn. In that case the attack counts as your movement and before that you may change your armies position by using the railroad.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
Knowledge is power!
mbmbmbmbmb
thyl wrote:

Yes, you could move by railroad inside your country and attack an army if you haven´t crossed a countries border that turn. In that case the attack counts as your movement and before that you may change your armies position by using the railroad.

what armies? what positions? give example please

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Loehn
Germany
Dietzenbach
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
German army in Paris. French army in Marseilles starts moving between Marseilles and Bordeaux 1371 times, finally goes to Brest and attacks Paris.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Tsimoris
Greece
Salonica
flag msg tools
Be the Miracle!
badge
Knowledge is power!
mbmbmbmbmb
ok. I get it

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.