Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Povey
United Kingdom
Haslingden
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If a Companion is in the same region as a FSP army is he automatically assumed to be a part of that army when it is attacked?

If the region is attacked and the FSP army eliminated is the companion also eliminated or can a player decide before the region is attacked that the companion is NOT a part of the army (and therefore avoid him being eliminated)?

If the region has a stronghold and the army and companion retreat - then if the army is destroyed is the companion also eliminated - or can he decide not to take part in the battle and then escape afterwards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miikka Sohlman
Finland
Lahti
flag msg tools
I live in the city of Gulf, on the shores of Lake Water. This fun fact has nothing to do with this badge you're pointing at.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes.

Eliminated, no decisions.

Eliminated again.

Basically, if they're alone, they can't be attacked. If they're in the same region with an army, they are automatically considered leading that army and can be killed. There's no decision making involved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Johnstone
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also thinking about this and came up with the idea of surviving the first round of battle then retreating to an adjacent free space.

When defending a region with a stronghold and it looks bad for the army with the companion then don't retreat into the stronghold but instead plan to survive the first round of combat and retreat to an adjacent free space instead.

Live to fight another day.

Employ a Fabian Strategy in the regions before the stronghold regions.

Slow down the Sauron player to buy time for Frodo. Men of the West style.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
vorpal_Cortex wrote:
I was also thinking about this and came up with the idea of surviving the first round of battle then retreating to an adjacent free space.

When defending a region with a stronghold and it looks bad for the army with the companion then don't retreat into the stronghold but instead plan to survive the first round of combat and retreat to an adjacent free space instead.

Live to fight another day.

Employ a Fabian Strategy in the regions before the stronghold regions.

Slow down the Sauron player to buy time for Frodo. Men of the West style.

The drawback with this strategy is that you give the Shadow player what he wants, the Victory points from the Stronghold!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.