Dust Tactics» Forums » General

Subject: Premium Edition Showcase: OTTO Panzer AufklärerLäufer KV 47 (r) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
snow drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
Greetings fellow Dustians...

I seldom rely on companies showcasing the models as they are always painted by some superb artist and when you actually buy the minis they look differently. In an attempt to mend that and help out new players/collectors taking the proper decisions I have set out to document all Premium Edition minis that I will come across.

So, here they are: Photos that I took of my Premium Edition minis that I've ordered directly from Dust Studios. The purpose with this post is to showcase the quality of the pre-paint job and the overall model.

The minis are untouched/unmodified and in their original state as they were when I got them.

All photos have been posted in their original state except the first one that I edited somewhat. I have used two insufficient and cheap studio lights and my Canon 400D, no flash, ISO 100. All images are in their original resolutions so you might want to resize them to actually be able to view them.

Copyright is CC-BY-SA. Dust Studio and/or FFG has the copyright to the Dust Tactics logo and game card(s).

Personally I am very happy with the quality of both the pre-paint and the models, and it is the best pre-painted ones I have seen on the market to date. I can highly recommend them if you're not skilled enough to paint them yourself and still want a game that looks amazing (I sure do).

Hope these are of some use to you.

Sidenote: I'm in love with the looks of this bot...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Smith
United Kingdom
Gillingham
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly looks pretty awesome, am getting the build your own version though as you get extra bits in for more configurations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
They sure look great. But if I ever get an Otto/KV-47, the very first thing I'll certainly do right away is to chop off those ridiculous hands. They look just so completely out of place, and bare no relation to the overall design of vehicles in the Dust universe. This is a WW2 tank, not a mecha. What is the point of putting a little clenched fist at the end of a weapon emplacement?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
snow drop
Sweden
flag msg tools
Agree about the hands beeing out of place, I thought of it myself while looking at the pictures. If they were to have them at all they should be more "bulky" unsmooth. Best would be to ditch them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.