Blood Bowl: Team Manager – The Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Coaching a down player rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I put a player with a tackle skill, he then tackles himself. Can I use a coach as a matchup action ang give a pass/sprint/cheat/tackle skill?

Downed players cannot use their skills.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
muk83 wrote:
I put a player with a tackle skill, he then tackles himself. Can I use a coach as a matchup action ang give a pass/sprint/cheat/tackle skill?

Downed players cannot use their skills.

Yes. They can no longer use any of their own icons or abilities that may be present on the card. However, the Coaches are Matchup actions and are played one per round. So they can give the icon to a just-downed player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I disagree with this. I'm curious to see what happens in the faq. It's completely contradictory to the rules for downed players to be able to pass, tackle or sprint. It just doesn't make any logical sense regardless of how that skill is assigned to them. Down players lose all skills. The coaching ability assigns a skill to a player, but if the player is downed they lose that skill.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kryyst wrote:
I disagree with this. I'm curious to see what happens in the faq. It's completely contradictory to the rules for downed players to be able to pass, tackle or sprint. It just doesn't make any logical sense regardless of how that skill is assigned to them. Down players lose all skills. The coaching ability assigns a skill to a player, but if the player is downed they lose that skill.

No, downed players lose the remaining skills/abilities on THEIR card. Coaches add to the player even if they are down.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cesar Gomez
Spain
Valencia
Valencia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
'Downed players lose all abilities and remaining skills, but retain any
assigned cheating tokens already placed on them.'

Dosen't said nothing about 'on their card', you can give them the new skill so the new player will have 1 more remaining skill to use, that will loose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.