United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmb
I really like the changes made in the 2nd edition, but I do have a concern related to the plans for the expansion and how they will work with the Collector's Edition.

I play games regularly with my CE set (now with the 2nd edition rules) and hope to continue to do so until I wear it out. What are the current plans for the 2nd edition expansion with regards to the miniatures? Will it use the same set as the 1st edition expansion? My concern is that if the 2nd edition expansion changes the mix of miniatures the CE will no longer work with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that besides the rules and cards, the 2nd ed board has no functional changes. So as long as you have the 2nd ed cards (the upgrade kit) you will be fine with any new expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Happy New Year!
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
I think that besides the rules and cards, the 2nd ed board has no functional changes. So as long as you have the 2nd ed cards (the upgrade kit) you will be fine with any new expansions.

Epic fail,lol

I,agree, op, I too am curious to see what will happen. But your 1st Ed CE will always be a complete and excellent game just the way it is right now! I also have to say that i like the base gamemyself wihout the expansion. I am not sure I agree that factions add a whole lot other than complexity. So I bought the upgrade kit, and will prob be quite happy to leave the expansion minis in the box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sheep wrote:
I really like the changes made in the 2nd edition, but I do have a concern related to the plans for the expansion and how they will work with the Collector's Edition.

I play games regularly with my CE set (now with the 2nd edition rules) and hope to continue to do so until I wear it out. What are the current plans for the 2nd edition expansion with regards to the miniatures? Will it use the same set as the 1st edition expansion? My concern is that if the 2nd edition expansion changes the mix of miniatures the CE will no longer work with it.

I think the idea is (for CE owners who want to upgrade to the 2nd edition) you use can use the 2nd edition rules and and new cards when you play the basic game without the expansion.

When you use the expansion elements (included in the CE) use the CE cards and the CE rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike M
United States
Pisgah Forest
North Carolina
flag msg tools
www.gameholecon.com
badge
129/420
mbmbmbmb
Sorry, I may not have been clear with my original post.

I'm wondering about plans for the unreleased 2nd edition expansion, and if it will use the same mix of miniatures as the 1st edition expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristofer Bengtsson
Sweden
Kävlinge
flag msg tools
designer
War of the Ring: Official FAQ Master! Webmaster of www.warofthering.eu
badge
- This is My Hour!
mbmbmbmbmb
Roberto DiMeglio (one of the designers) has stated that a Second Edition expansion migh be a different thing altogether.

We are currently playtesting some possible expansion elements. But as you probably understand I cannot talk about what we are testing and what a possible future expansion to War of the Ring Second Edition might consist of.

The one thing I can tell you is that if you get the Upgrade Kit to play Second Edition base game with your CE copy of the game you will defenetly be able to also incorporate any future expansion to the Second Edition game (the components might not be pre-painted though).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
Penny Press Kickstarter: 1,284 backers - $60,376! Amazing! Thank you!!!
badge
Happy New Year!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the info. If a future expansion is not available prepainted to match my CE, chances are I will just be happy with the game as is and not pick it up. I have no desire to see Unpainted figs disgrace my board. :) I did pick up a second tin in addition to the upgrade kit to store my sleeved 1st Ed Ce cards in style!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.