Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Announcing a gaming meetup next Saturday to play all the abstract strategy games I'm currently excited about. See the list below, but feel free to bring your own!

Saturday, January 7th, 2012.
1PM till our brains are fried!

At the Spyhouse Coffee Shop on Nicollet & 25th Street in Minneapolis.

Please post below if you are planning on attending (or DM me if you aren't comfortable posting for any reason). If we have more than 10 RSVPs, I may look for a larger venue (or one that takes reservations), but the Spyhouse is generally a fine location for board games.

Here are the games I know I will be bringing (ones with ++ next to them are the ones I'm particularly excited to play!):

* Project GIPF games: Gipf, ZÈRTZ, DVONN, YINSH, PÜNCT++, TZAAR++
* A custom Shibumi++ set. (I did end up buying Pylos, -- which turns out to be a pretty fun abstract itself -- and its board works great with my 1" marbles.)
* Tara++
* Blindside
* Fealty
* Cubulus (Doesn't fit!)
* Chess (I'll bring my copy of The Classified Encyclopedia of Chess Variants.)
* Go
* Siege Stones
* Terrace

I also intend to print off gameboards for both Chase, and Ketchup, as well as rules for a lot of the Shibumi games (just so we don't have to keep referring to the internet).

Hope to see you there!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clark D. Rodeffer
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It sounds like a wonderful time! There are lots of games you can play with a Ketchup set or a Go set, very versatile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've struck Cubulus from the list... it's just an awkward size to bring.

I also added Siege Stones (which I'd forgotten I had! Only played it a couple of times, totally fun), and Terrace, which is an old-time favorite for me.

I've already got more than I can comfortably carry, so I hope I can co-opt someone into helping me bring stuff in from the car. I'm only bringing Fealty because Joe said he's interested in it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Gartner
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I'd like to stop by and play some games, but I don't know the rules for most of them. And even Go I haven't played in forever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
jmanders85 wrote:
Marty, thanks for putting this together. I had an excellent time. I also, apparently, parked for 5 hours in a 5 minute parking spot. Sorry Spyhouse! Ben, Dan, nice to meet you both!

No ticket? Putting together the geek-list now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure if it's visible until it's been approved, but here's the link:

Games played at Minneapolis Abstract Strategy Game Day #1 - January 7th
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Amos
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sorry I didn't make this one. I have excuses ready if your interested . I'm glad you did it though and hope you'll consider another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Grider
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We will definitely be doing this again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.