Hide
14 Posts

Betrayal at House on the Hill» Forums » General

Subject: Black plastic sliders for character cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
cher gamer
msg tools
We put these on our cards and they slide all over the place and slide off as well. Impossible to keep track of your traits
Anyone else have this issue?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura Hughes
United States
Loveland
Ohio
flag msg tools
Keep flying.
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same issue with most of mine. I put a very tiny bit of super glue on the inside tip of the slider, squeezed it together to spread the glue, and wiped off any excess. If a slider becomes too tight you can use a small metal nail file to scrape off some of the dried glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Baldassar
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could use my fix
Printout of the traits with room for the character card and washers for tracking - The starting stats are in light green - not allot of color so printer friendly.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/62234/alternate-method...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Hundley
United States
Frankfort
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I put one or two pieces of clear scotch tape on each side of the character cards. This seems to 'tighten up' the sliders just enough that they don't go all over the place when nudged.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cher gamer
msg tools
It really makes me upset that I paid more money for that game than any I think i've ever bought and they put out a game with pieces that don't even do what they are supposed to do. Quality control??
Thanks for the suggestions everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about laminating the whole chards. Self adhesive sheets might thicken it just enough to get it to hold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe
United States
Shoreview
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tebald wrote:
You could use my fix
Printout of the traits with room for the character card and washers for tracking - The starting stats are in light green - not allot of color so printer friendly.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/62234/alternate-method...

Up to this point have been using this fix. It is an easy solution if you need to play right now and don't want to mod your pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cher gamer
msg tools
I emailed the wizards of the coast and got a quick response. Unfortunately the person responding thought that maybe my tiles were warped. I replied and let them know it was the trait cards not the game tiles and also told them I had NO warping.
The response I got back was seemingly not the person that had written previously and just said they were sending me new tiles.
So as awesome as it was they sent me all new pieces they were not the trait cards nor did it fix my problem.
But I will say I received them ridiculously fast! I was completely in shock when I saw the pkg. on my front porch. So Superb customer service in that respect.
I guess I will have to come up with a fix now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Surprised how utterly non-functional these were for me too - only one gripped, and the other 25-30 of them just slid off. Useless.

Might try and contact the publisher - better clips or a spare set of character tiles for me to try putting tape, etc... on would be good !

... [EDIT] I contacting them, I don't think they understood the issue, and it felt like I was talking to robot or someone who didn't really understand my language (English, by the way !) but they claimed a replacement was on it's way. I have NO idea what they are sending me - so on one hand they are willing to offer a replacement which is great, but on the other hand I might get a package full of bees and potatoes from them for all I know.

Otherwise it looks like the print out sheets + sliders are the answer, which would be a shame, but totally a functional answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, so WotC sent me 30 replacement plastic sliders, all just as useless as the originals shake

Will try again and point out it's the character tiles that are too thin, not just a bad batch of clips that are too thick. At least if they are prepared to send a second copy of character cards (no doubt at the same thickness) I can try out some fixes like clear tape on them.

It does seem a shame, and a shock, that quite frankly they've release a game (in it's second edition too) with components that basically don't do there job. Did nobody check a copy during manufacture ?

Ah well, will see if they are willing to send more replacement bits (another 2-3 week wait coming up...)

Ben (-PW-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so a second request to WotC and they sent me character tiles too. Now to experiment with them to see if I can make them useable - as right now the sliders are not sticking to the tiles in any combination !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Klutzke
United States
Carmel
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I smeared a little Elmer's glue-all on the inside of the sliders and let it dry. They grip perfectly now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Gould
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
The first thing I did was applied scotch tape to the edges. It helped the sliders stay snug. After a while, I just decided to use paperclips. The wire loops around the number of each trait quite nicely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Taylor
United States
Darien
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah,the black plastic bits don't even line up with the numbers well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.