Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim K
Australia
Colonel Light Gardens
SA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What do people think about the Dixit Party variant that comes with the game. Is it any good?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten Notodden
Norway
Notodden
Telemark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were 7 players last night and decided to give the party variant a go. Most of us found it inferior to the original game.

Personally I didn't mind it much, but I still prefer the original rules. They are more different from each other than what the rules themselves first gave me the impression of.

I'd say give it a go. You might like it. And if you don't, the game is quickly reset and set up for the standard version.

Noe note though; the voting boards suck. You have to keep it hidden. If you set the board down on the table, your voting peg will fall out. This basically means you have to cover the board with your hands on BOTH sides to hide your vote from the other players. We all found it to be a horrible design and just used our phones write down our vote after a few rounds with the boards. If you're 6 players or less though; the original voting chips is fine though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Skeldon
United Kingdom
Chesterfield
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I'm late to this post but I just wanted to mention that the voting boards now seem OK. We've had no problems with pegs falling out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.