Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John blog
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
which is true for the stronger effect of the spell?

a)in addition to paying a black and blue mana, one has to pay another mana to gain the specific effects correspond to the color of the mana OR

b) one just has to pay one specific colored mana plus a black mana?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A) Is correct. Just because the spell instructs you to pay a mana does not mean you get the mana refunded that you needed to cast the spell in the first place. It is an incredibly powerful spell, but it requires a lot of mana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingo Griebsch
Germany
Bochum
North Rhine-Westphalia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To get this right:

I use the 'normal' effect of a spell and have to pay a mana as stated on the left side of the spell text.

If I will use the 'strong' effect of the spell I must pay the mana as stated on the left side of the spell text (mostly a mana of basic color and a black mana) plus a mana for using the 'strong' effect?

So all in all I have to pay three mana to use the 'strong' effect of a spell?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Linneman
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's just that the mana bolt spell tells you to pay a mana. This is in addition to the cost of casting the spell. Most spells require only one mana (top half) or two mana (bottom half).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Reed
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, but just to clarify:

The "basic" level of this spell actually costs 2 mana (a blue and one to match the desired effect) and the stronger version requires 3 (Blue, Black and whatever color desired)?

Actually seems pretty clear after re reading the card with this in mind..oops blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.