Subject: Richard Herring rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Just in case I get negative feedback regarding my avatar:

This is a picture of a comedian Richard Herring. This picture is taken during his Hitler Mustache tour I think (not sure if that was the right name of his tour).

http://edinburghfestival.list.co.uk/article/19724-richard-he...

Anyway, I like the pic and I think it's time we stop dissing this nice mustache.

PS
A big thank you to Adrian Hague for giving me some coppers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick OLeary
United States
Roosevelt
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The question is, did you choose that avatar because you really like the picture or did you choose it to be provocative? Because people will obviously see Hitler when they look at it.

Haha, it doesn't matter to me. I'm here for the board games. But welcome to the site!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
ASL ... yes, this is my Desert Island Game. If I have to give up all my 3000+ games and only allowed to keep one, this would be it. This bloody game stood the test of time. Around for more than 25 years - simply the best.
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
Getting a little attention is ok - I had to look twice meeple

At least, he's not animated
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United Kingdom
Colchester
Essex
flag msg tools
Helllow Bayyybee
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought his 'tache looked a bit Charlie Chaplin blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Meadow
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Thanks for reading me, I'm so lonely.
mbmbmbmbmb
here, I made you a microbadge:
mouseover reads "this is not hitler"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Funky Disco wrote:
here, I made you a microbadge:
mouseover reads "this is not hitler"

Nice idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
First a forum thread entitled "I love North Korea" microbadge" that indicates a desire for such a badge, and then an image of a Hitler look-a-like for an avatar.

I'm getting the impression that you either have a seriously offbeat sense of humor or a dire need for attention. Either one would be fine, and to each their own, but its hard not to question the purpose of such sequential posts and their arguably sensitive topics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
ejtracer wrote:
First a forum thread entitled "I love North Korea" microbadge" that indicates a desire for such a badge, and then an image of a Hitler look-a-like for an avatar.

I'm getting the impression that you either have a seriously offbeat sense of humor or a dire need for attention. Either one would be fine, and to each their own, but its hard not to question the purpose of such sequential posts and their arguably sensitive topics.

Fizzgig,

I guess it is a mix of both. Mostly, I have a weird sense of humor which I rarely use in the real world because it's black and sometimes depressing. Plenty of people don't like "depressing, nihilist crap" disguised as humor. So I visit the internet and sometimes indulge myself. I don't like drama queens and attention seekers though and I don't consider myself one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Westland
Michigan
flag msg tools
See my profile to find out what technology has already been fed and added to K-9.
badge
Hard drive is spinning up... WEEEEEEEEEE!
mbmbmbmbmb
OldNews wrote:
ejtracer wrote:

Fizzgig,

I guess it is a mix of both. Mostly, I have a weird sense of humor which I rarely use in the real world because it's black and sometimes depressing. Plenty of people don't like "depressing, nihilist crap" disguised as humor. So I visit the internet and sometimes indulge myself. I don't like drama queens and attention seekers though and I don't consider myself one.

Well my humor is often quite cynical in nature, so feel free to Geek Buddy me.*

*Secretly of course, I just want Hitler to be my Geek Buddy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Lol Old News you radical you!

Richard Herring is a throughly good chap and the symbols of 'evil' men who did evil things need to be demystified to reduce the power of the perpetrators of the crimes. Further Fetishising the symbols of evil obscures the acts that made them evil. Providing a rational perspective on evil acts is essential to avoid them in the future.

Can I suggest you explain the avatar in your user profile section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Old News
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Lol Old News you radical you!

Richard Herring is a throughly good chap and the symbols of 'evil' men who did evil things need to be demystified to reduce the power of the perpetrators of the crimes. Further Fetishising the symbols of evil obscures the acts that made them evil.

Good one, Liam. We must recognize the true sources of inhumanity from people like Hitler. Physical traits like toothbrush mustaches etc. are harmless and should be free to participate in the ever changing fashion trends. The same goes for certain symbols which I won't mention here because I would be really pushing it then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw the title "Richard Herring" automatically thought "is a legend"

I've loved his work ever since I listened to the very first "As It Occurs To Me" I read "How Not To Grow Up" in two days

As soon as I saw your avatar I knew who it was - although most of my friends don't know who he is so I can see why the mistake could be made
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.