BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Women and Gaming

Subject: womens chat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kathy- i shall pay attention to my dreams!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Sigh. Some days I don't get BGG. I got a warning for labeling someone a troll (I know I shouldn't have done it, but it ticked me off) for commenting "Hot" in response to a question which referred to rape.

Momentarily, I felt like hiding from RSP, but then I saw an awesome poll in another thread which clearly referred to the same comment. So now I feel a lot better.

But I may come hide in here for a while if that's okay. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought that's what RSP was for? No worries we'll try to be as noncontroversial as a controversial forum can be
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
lorna wrote:
I thought that's what RSP was for? No worries we'll try to be as noncontroversial as a controversial forum can be

Lol, we are controversial. I love that. laugh

Promise not to comment anymore on it.

I want to be back to my happy zone talking about games without stress.

So I got in my Princes of Florence, Castles of Burgundy, and Automobile order and I'm going to try to get my husband to play Castle tonight if his pile of lab reports isn't to the ceiling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
she2 wrote:
Sigh. Some days I don't get BGG. I got a warning for labeling someone a troll (I know I shouldn't have done it, but it ticked me off) for commenting "Hot" in response to a question which referred to rape.

Momentarily, I felt like hiding from RSP, but then I saw an awesome poll in another thread which clearly referred to the same comment. So now I feel a lot better.

But I may come hide in here for a while if that's okay. meeple

This is a great place to melt away the stress of the day!

Even the RSP stress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
are any of my gaming friends here interesting in pax but dont own it ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:

This is the first I've even heard of that game, Jood. You like it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
If I am not gaming, I am reading!
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:

I am interested in Pax. I saw the Dice Tower review of the game, but I have not purchased it yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
at first we liked pax but now its got the not much to it feel - ive seen it said its not good for 2 players..i can see it would be good with more, its not a deep game but i think with a few players it would be a nice play with some do i do this or that kind of decisions.
im willing to post this free to a geek woman i know who would like it

guess best way is first one who emails me gets it xx wish you could all have it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
at first we liked pax but now its got the not much to it feel - ive seen it said its not good for 2 players..i can see it would be good with more, its not a deep game but i think with a few players it would be a nice play with some do i do this or that kind of decisions.

If it is not good with 2 players, that rules me out since I play almost all my games just with my daughter soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scdoster wrote:
jood wrote:

If it is not good with 2 players, that rules me out since I play almost all my games just with my daughter soblue

Rules me out, too, but thanks for the kind offer, Jood. I'm sure someone here would appreciate it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:

Wow Jood, that is incredibly generous! I hope some lucky lady gives your game a good home I've never heard of the game myself, and we are pretty much playing nothing but 2p games and Thunderstone these days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really nice offer of you Jood, but I rule myself out because of shipping I'm sure there will be someone you can make happy with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
has any geek woman bought the stone age expansion and if so what was it like..i decided not to get it but i have a lingering thought...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
My 10-year old lab has a tumor in his left hind leg. We're looking into amputation mainly for pain management reasons. He's not expected to live longer than 4 months. It's sort of a shock because I was playing fetch with him a week ago, until he suddenly came up limping this week.

I'm very sad this weekend to the point of not wanting to do much more than mope. I'm sure I'll snap out of it eventually. soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry to hear that Sue. Hope the surgery goes well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Port Saint Lucie
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh gosh Sue! I am so sorry to hear that! It's very sad. Our pups--they're such innocent creatures and so loving. Hard to see when they suffer. I know you are doing your best for him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stasia Doster
United States
Sherman
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am sorry to hear about your dog, Sue. I know how pets become family members.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry about your dog Sue, wish the best for both of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Rehaug
Norway
Ler
flag msg tools
Hi! I'm Macaos. A cute, kind, sporty and fun Bearded Collie. I enjoy lying under the table when Macao is on the table.
mbmbmbmbmb
So sorry to hear about your dog Sue! I wish you all the best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joline
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry to hear that Sue. All the best to you and your dog!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sending you and your dog love and hugs - its so upsetting when something happens isnt it - thinking of youxx
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, everybody. It's just very sudden, because he's extremely healthy and active and suddenly finding out that he has bone cancer is bizarre. Of oourse, he has no idea he's sick. It's sort of funny because we are acting weird around him now, but he thinks everything is normal. He just was wrestling with our other dog clearly telling him he's still the alpha dog of the household even if he's only using three legs. Lol.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristin Crane
Canada
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A bit slow to respond, but I am terribly sorry to hear about your dog, Sue. It's never easy to see a beloved family member (and yes, to me, animals are part of the family) get bad news. Here's hoping you guys can stay positive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
Sue, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I had a friend whose terrier had a leg amputation for cancer who lived a happy life for some time afterwards - I hope your guy can do the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  11 , 12 , 13 , 14 , 15  Next »  [664] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.