Subject: womens chat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
Not to detract from the wonderful EGG coming up... but don't forget for people from this region... GameStorm is only a few months away too.

I always attend that. Hope to see many of you there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
His heart was growing full of broken wings and artificial flowers
mbmbmbmbmb
Meerkat wrote:
Not to detract from the wonderful EGG coming up... but don't forget for people from this region... GameStorm is only a few months away too.

I always attend that. Hope to see many of you there.

Looking forward to Gamestorm as well. Fun times ahead!

Hope you are feeling better, Lynette!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
jood wrote:
sue i think you are on to something..one of the reasons i like board games is its getting away from electical enertainment..there is something kinda basic/peaceful/calm in a nice way about playing board games..not sure im making much sence..sort of pre tv days

You're absolutely making sense. The electical enertainment/media has really taken over people's lives in a not so good way. I myself have to admit that I'm sort of addicted to telly, I'm hooked on several series. Having said taht, I do usually feel a lot better after weekends when there's no tv, just lots and lots board games laugh

I feel like this with computers from time to time - sometimes you really just need to get away from electronics and electronic media. I find my attention span is quite short with these things too (perhaps that is why I prefer long boardgames? laugh )

*sigh* I envy all of you who are going to boardgame conventions over the next few weeks - must be so much fun, my time will come.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for all the responses! You are all right about the age thing, thanks for the reminder. I'm still a kid at heart and that is what really matters.

Kathy, I'm in IT - I lead software development initiatives. I actually like what I do but the politics and dealing with a few select people are where I have challenges.

Dooz, I'm looking forward to meeting you at EGG, hopefully we will get in a game. Lorna is really the only person I will know there but I feel like I know you from this forum.

Lynette, thanks for the heads up on GameStorm. I have considered going in the past. I think this may be the year I end up going. I made a resolution to play more games and Game Con's help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lynette
United States
Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
Yep, I am a girl Scientist. Come for the breasts; Stay for the brains!
badge
For as long as I shall live I will testify to love; I'll be a witness in the silences when words are not enough.
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:

Lynette, thanks for the heads up on GameStorm. I have considered going in the past. I think this may be the year I end up going. I made a resolution to play more games and Game Con's help!

If your looking to save money I am looking for a roommate this year.

My previous years roomie got into a new relationship and wants to have funky monkey fun instead of just gaming 20 hours a day. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chief EGG Head
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I will make it to Gamestorm as well this year
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sandysidamo wrote:

lorna wrote:
I think I will make it to Gamestorm as well this year

Hurray! Hooray! (a dyslexia error. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
about the small cards in labora..i printed them all out on photo paper ( several on one a4 sheet) and now when the other takes a building we take a copy and put by our monastry..works really well..couldnt play it without this i think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey Jood- I feel like I'm butting in here, however, I noticed you're a Dominant Species fan and was wondering if you play with two. I've been playing 2-player with my 18 yr old son recently and absolutely love the game. We're not even near understanding the entire scope of DS, every game is different.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
s m t
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jody wrote:
Hey Jood- I feel like I'm butting in here, however, I noticed you're a Dominant Species fan and was wondering if you play with two. I've been playing 2-player with my 18 yr old son recently and absolutely love the game. We're not even near understanding the entire scope of DS, every game is different.

Talking about butting in...

DS is one of my favorite games. I played DS once with two players and it was just okay. For me the sweet spot is five players. Jody, have you only played DS with only two players so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Playing 2-player games is all I can do anymore, between my husband and/or my son, sometimes a 3-player if the rules are simple enough. Unfortunately I'm not aware of any gaming groups in my area.

Because of that I've been in and out of gaming in the past few years and usually pick it up again in the Winter months... thus, here I am. When my boys were younger we had a blast with all the game we've accumulated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MMB
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And now, for a bit of shameless self-promotion:

I started a blog, Mrs. Mystery Blog.

kiss
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JODY
yes all my dominant sp games are 2 player...in fact all my games are 2 player - find it works really well though i have nothing to compare it to...is one of my favourite games - you are right it has so many things to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a fun idea for a thread!

One joy for me is that my children, now ages 12 and 10, are more and more fun as gaming companions -- I always enjoyed playing games with them, but now we can really play just about anything. A week or so ago, we went to a nearby (Atlanta) game fest for the third year in a row -- and this year, it was my kids who were begging to go!

We've always enjoyed Runebound, and our latest terrain to explore has been the Mists of Zanaga. I have been so impressed with the Runebound big-box expansions . . . they do a great job of freshening and changing things up.

A recent happy find (courtesy of my BGG Secret Santa!) is Haggis, a climbing game that works well with three people. We love Tichu but don't typically have the fourth person to make it happen. With Haggis, I'm still at the "huh -- there's my hand full of cards; I wonder what the heck I should do with them?" stage, but it's already lots of fun and shows great promise as a regular go-to game for us.

I'd like to fit in more adult gaming, too . . . I'm going to try to fit in local game-group events more often.

We're another barely-TV household. I'm not anti-TV, but when I watch much of it, I generally get up feeling like I would rather have spent the time doing something else. We have one TV in a relatively out of the way spot, and it just doesn't get used much.

This has its downsides, though. My daughter (the 10 year old) is playing basketball this year, and her coaches keep making reference to professional basketball and basketball-related things that "you've seen on TV". Oops. No, she hasn't.

My most recent purchase is Mage Knight, and I'm super-excited about it. I'm most of the way through the walkthrough, and I hope we can play a game this week.

I'm curious about Ora et Labora. For those who have it, how do you like it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
just got in and found my meeple jewelry from chillibean - great joy.
i dont know what non gamers will make of meeples..its a bit like the mens toilet sign in uk lol

LABORA
played it loads over the holidays and really loved it..felt like it had so many options of playing and winning to keep us going for a long time - but the last game we had we both were really glad to end it and i couldnt be bothered to go here to get that to do that to get that all to get that card..and we havent played since so it will be interesting how we go on with it..im really looking forward to hearing how the rest of you get on with it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jood- I got up early this morning and setup Dominant Species on the kitchen table waiting for my son to wake up for a 2-player game. My husband and I are having coffee right now and he has expressed some interest in the game, soooo, maybe I'll get a 3-player game in before football starts... it could happen. =D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Corross- Please let us know what you think of Mage Knight Board Game. I've had my eye on this board game adaptation as we own a plethora of pieces-parts in collectible components to Mage Knight Dungeons... loved that game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jody wrote:
Corross- Please let us know what you think of Mage Knight Board Game. I've had my eye on this board game adaptation as we own a plethora of pieces-parts in collectible components to Mage Knight Dungeons... loved that game...

+1 for the Mage Knight report- looks like I'll be getting a copy of this as well as having managed to find a copy of Bios: Megafauna through a local channel! I am fairly certain I will like both, but have been disappointed before even after doing all my homework.

I need to get absolutely every expansion for Race for the Galaxy now too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawson
United States
Greenville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will do on the Mage Knight report once we've delved into it!

Samantha, you probably already know about this, but just in case, there's a wonderful AI computer implementation for RftG -- here's a link to the BGG reference to it (with a link to the website to get it). I've enjoyed the heck out of it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
First play of Ora today. Mixed feelings on it thus far. I think I need more plays to judge where it stands. It's no Agricola or Le Havre for sure, but your mileage may vary.

The components are completely cheesy considering the cost of the game, but I sort of knew that going into the purchase (at least most of the chits punched out except for about 10 that I had to cut out).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samantha RD
South Africa
Harrismith
Free State
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
corross wrote:
Will do on the Mage Knight report once we've delved into it!

Samantha, you probably already know about this, but just in case, there's a wonderful AI computer implementation for RftG -- here's a link to the BGG reference to it (with a link to the website to get it). I've enjoyed the heck out of it!

Yeah, that AI is brilliant - I played that and played the game on computer with my husband a few times before we bought it (actually we played the hell out of it laugh ). And now in person, it is still huge amounts of fun! And we have so far only played the base game, the expansions I will try as we buy them.

Looking forward to your views on MK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jood shine
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JODY what happened - did you get to play with three ?

SUE - interesting about the labora..must admit im not itching to play it again
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jody Ludwick
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No, But I have a solid promise for a 3-player game of Dominant Species sometime today. My husband Bruce watched as Chad and I played yesterday and he even asked appropriate and well placed questions... so I think he was really paying attention. Anyway, Bruce and I did play Rosenkönig (his fav) while watching the games on TV. BTW, I recently downloaded Wars of the Roses to my iPad... very nice.

Regarding 2-player DS, I've noticed we are tending towards vying for the Tundras and Survival card... and then one of us takes off (on the score board). Is this inherent to 2-player games of DS? I hope it's not like base Dominion where the ultimate goal is to collect gold and Province cards... :/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Bitter Acerbic Harridan
mbmbmbmbmb
jood wrote:
JODY what happened - did you get to play with three ?

SUE - interesting about the labora..must admit im not itching to play it again

It's not a bad game. I just don't feel that it's as good as all the hype. I miss the tension of Le Havre and Agricola. The only resource that seemed hard to get was stone. There was always something you could do. It just felt looser and not as interesting.

My husband commented that it reminded him more of Glen More then most of Rosenberg's games. It's not really similar other than there is a spatial aspect to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sandy Stumpf
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I celebrated my birthday last night with my family. This was a year for games. Some they purchased from my wishlist, others I picked up at my FLGS with a nice sized gift certificate that I received.

Some highlights, 2 Feld games I'm missing and those 2 games are Alea big box games which I've been missing. Airlines Europe and The Downfall of Pompeii have been on my list as well.

Bios: Megafauna was something I saw at the FLGS that caught my eye. It plays solo which is a big selling point for me.

All kinds of goodies to punch and rules to read tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [612] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.