Subject: a couple of questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
mark monk
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi,

Just some questions I thought about:

1. When you win a Highlight, do you win everything in the central payout? I won one particulat highlight that had a star player, staff upgrade and team upgrade as the central payout, do I collect all of it?

2. After the last turn (turn with Blood Bowl tournament) you collect payouts as normal. Obviously, any fans won during highlights or the Blood Bowl get added to your current score, but what about staff upgrades and team upgrades etc. Can you use any 'end of game' abilities on cards won during the very last turn (those that are in your improvement pile)? For example, after the last turn ended I had a staff upgrade card in my improvement pile that allowed me to gain 2 fans for every Freebooter in my team (End game ability). Could I have used that card to collect fans? Likewise, I also had a Freebooter in my improvement pile, could I have used this freebooter to gain fans from the team ugrade card just mentioned?

3. Again working along the lines of question 2; if the game ends in a tie you need to calculate the number of improvements for each tied team. Does this include those cards won in the last turn that are sitting in your improvement pile?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dagaff wrote:
Hi,

1. When you win a Highlight, do you win everything in the central payout? I won one particulat highlight that had a star player, staff upgrade and team upgrade as the central payout, do I collect all of it?

Yes, except for the payouts with a slash, those are either/or. Also remember that if you collect a prize of 2 staff upgrades, that means you draw 2 cards and choose one. However if you win a staff upgrade in the end zone, then another as a payout, then you will end up with 2 cards.

dagaff wrote:

2. After the last turn (turn with Blood Bowl tournament) you collect payouts as normal. Obviously, any fans won during highlights or the Blood Bowl get added to your current score, but what about staff upgrades and team upgrades etc. Can you use any 'end of game' abilities on cards won during the very last turn (those that are in your improvement pile)? For example, after the last turn ended I had a staff upgrade card in my improvement pile that allowed me to gain 2 fans for every Freebooter in my team (End game ability). Could I have used that card to collect fans? Likewise, I also had a Freebooter in my improvement pile, could I have used this freebooter to gain fans from the team ugrade card just mentioned?

Yes to everything.

dagaff wrote:

3. Again working along the lines of question 2; if the game ends in a tie you need to calculate the number of improvements for each tied team. Does this include those cards won in the last turn that are sitting in your improvement pile?

Yes to everything again. The final round is played to completion, then the endgame occurs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dagaff wrote:
Hi,

As with all payouts, you draw the number of cards represented by the icons, and keep one of each icon type. So the card you are referencing allows you one card of each.

Quote:

Yes, all of the end of game abilities count and all cards would count towards other end of game abilities as well.

Quote:

Thanks

Your improvement pile becomes a part of your deck before the end of the game. All cards you possess count.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.