Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Olav Riediger
Germany
Bedburg(Erft)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All,

We've been playing the Thunderbolt scenario last night and we stumbled accross some rules questions. Possibly somebody could clarify some of them:

a) The non-roman enemy besieges one of my cities (garrisoned, which doesn't matter in this case). A friendly army without leader is located in the same hex, but outside the city. A friendly leader moves onto the same hex, which is an automatic continuation, since the leader moves alone onto a hex with a friendly army. May that leader grab that friendly army and attack rightaway the enemy army in the same hex?

b) Why should we track the alliance markers (modified by devastation and major victories), if diplomacy does not apply in this scenario?

c) Does the Roman player have an Urban Praetor in this scenario?

d) There are the two consuls located at 1514, which is outside Italy, if I am not mistaken. Doesn't one consul always have to stay within Italy - being the Rome Consul - and the other one may roam all over the map?

e) Is the Roman Empire truely able to raise new legions every turn? If we did it right, I got two double legions in turn#2 and two more in turn#3 and placed them in Rome. Could they have been placed somewhere else?

f) Is it correct, that the Urban Praetor (if it is correct that he was actually in play) may train these new legions (and only these) if they are in Rome?

g) We got the impression that this scenario is pretty hard to win for Hannibal. Each victory for Rome adds one more province for Hannibal to be conquered (or makes another major victory for him necessary). Are there any strategic tricks how Hannibal should do his first move? Should he attack the large Roman force at Placentia, which he did in our game quite successfully, or should he spread out his forces and conquer as many cities as possible? Or something else?

h) Is there something like a community playing this game or are we the only ones trying to get into it?

Well, we are absolutely new to the game and would appreciate some words from experts very much. Thank you!

Cheers,

Olav

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Taylor
United States
Kearny
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hello Olav,

I’m trying to get into the game myself. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olav Riediger
Germany
Bedburg(Erft)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got my other rules question of today? Did you make any progress learning this game? Found anybody willing to play Rome? ;-)

Cheers, Olav

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.