Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
I'm looking at getting some sort of game group started locally in Everett, it seems there are a lot of options in cities around me, like Phoenix in Mukilteo and a bunch that meet up closer to Seattle. But nothing here in town.

With AFK Tavern being in town and Mugu Games up the street it would be nice to get something started here so I'm not driving a million miles every week just to game.

Any thoughts or ideas on how to organize this sort of thing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Spear
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I used to host a game group in the area that met weekly but had to relinquish hosting duties because of a crazy work schedule. I live right near Phoenix Games and would be interested in participating if you manage to get one going. AFK is fun but isn't ideal for serious gaming because of how busy they are.

I reached out to the Everett library about using some of their space but I got kind of a weird reaction like I was planning on gambling or something.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
As long as Mugu Games isn't doing any magic events on the particular day they are usually wide open and they don't really have any board game type events going on yet. Doesn't the Everett Library have some rooms that are available for use?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Spear
United States
Marysville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the main branch of the library has rooms but I am not positive. I do recall they have boardgames in the coffee shop in front at least. I've only been to Mugu games once (after grabbing an awesome burger at Mikie's) and I wasn't quite sure what market they were targeting. After a 13 hour work day I am not sure but I think it was a bunch of miniature games and CCG's hadn't heard of.

Either way, if they're willing to let cardboard nuts like myself in with Euros and Ameritrash games I'm all for it. I don't live that far from Mugu and do remember that the store has/had lots of space that would work great.

Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Weston Ferguson
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
Like most local stores Mugu's main source of income is magic the gathering. And they most recently started doing warhammer, but on the nights that neither of those groups have events going on, the place is wide open for gaming. The guys that own it are pretty cool to, they've been awesome if I want them to get a game in stock so I can pick it up there, even if it's not something they normally carry. And they've actually diversified what the carry as far as board games go quite a bit, it's nothing like phoenix games or cardhaus, but again they've only been around a few years.

They are fairly accommodating and I'm sure if we got more people in the door checking things out they'd be nothing but thankful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.