Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Paulino Mora Lizano
Costa Rica
Asunción de Belén
Heredia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The title says it all. I hope it is, since I've been hunting down that game for quite long.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it has the background of the battle of Hoth...and you have the Empire and the Rebellion...

My guess...

Odds are that those types of similarities will abound...whilst it will be distinctly lacking many other similarities you may be looking for if you are an Assault on Hoth fan????

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think an 80s hex and counter wargame is going to have much similarity to a modern LEGO kids game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Lebowski
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
The Dude abides!
badge
yeah? well… y’know, that’s just like, uh… your opinion, man…
mbmbmbmbmb
sorry, but the components look not AT ALL similar to the westend game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blair
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
alfonzo54 wrote:
I don't think an 80s hex and counter wargame is going to have much similarity to a modern LEGO kids game.

I agree with alfonzo. I highly doubt it will be at all similar other than just being Hoth. This game is focused towards kids and will most likely be extremely simple when it comes to rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kröhnert
Germany
Aachen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, it's Star Wars, it's Empire Strikes Back, it has walkers and snow speeders - what else do you want?

Sure buy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Taylor
United States
Berryville
Virginia
flag msg tools
Just Another Washed Up Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned to my wife "Boy, they sure have figured out the ideal game for my kids." I mean, the Lego adventurers games are close, but Star Wars and Legos? Wow.

Also, as a happy owner of Assault on Hoth, I'll say that it might, somehow, be like it, but I'll wager half my collection it'll have nothing to do with it. Sorry. Keep hunting, though, it's an awesome game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
stove wrote:
Also, as a happy owner of Assault on Hoth, I'll say that it might, somehow, be like it, but I'll wager half my collection it'll have nothing to do with it. Sorry. Keep hunting, though, it's an awesome game.

But I assume you'll wager the half _not_ including Assault on Hoth ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
stove wrote:
I mentioned to my wife "Boy, they sure have figured out the ideal game for my kids." I mean, the Lego adventurers games are close, but Star Wars and Legos? Wow.

When I was 4 I wanted nothing more than Star Wars legos and they didn't come out until I was past my toy-buying age. I think I recall trying to make up games with my legos as well. Basically what I'm saying is that LEGO should have hired little me as a design consultant twenty-odd years ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Anderson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It looks nothing like it at all.

I spy a crowbar in that picture

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Hall
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Hoo McHoo wrote:
It looks nothing like it at all.

I spy a crowbar in that picture

The crowbar is used to pry tiles off the die. Some Lego games have different configurations you can use, and that makes it easier to get those flat pieces off of it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Battle Beyond Space Status: Hit Distribution. In stores end of the week.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks structurally a bit more like a roll and move battle game with some similarities to Heroica.

Doesn't look to have any snowspeeders either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Anderson
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fbranham wrote:
Looks structurally a bit more like a roll and move battle game with some similarities to Heroica.

Doesn't look to have any snowspeeders either.

There's a chunky snowspeeder at the bottom right of the picture to the left of the turret.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.