$10.00
Bee :)
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just stumbled across a Telestrations review on a website of a person whom I do not know at all, who praised the game and used some of my photos of word transformations that I posted in the gallery. Of course, the image where reclining chair became gynecologist was included.
http://www.gameparadisestore.com/wordpress/?paged=7

I guess I should be flattered, but I still kind of think the publisher of this review really should have asked me for permission first before including my images in the review. How difficult would it have been to send a message to me on this site? It is obviously where the writer discovered my pictures. Of course, I would have been happy to oblige, but I just think it says something about the Internet and people just "taking" things from one source and using them without consent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Cox
United States
Clemson
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
1024x768 works just fine - Don't Wide the Site!
badge
The Back Alley gets no respect.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not as strict about that. Unless used maliciously or intentionally distorted, I figure that anything I've put out on the Internet is fair game for anyone else to use.

All these people who want the Internet to be "Free" (and whine about SOPA and whatnot) need to think about just what free is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it was just coincidence that I found it, because I was looking up a review on a completely different board game. I just feel that it would have been the better thing for the reviewer to simply let me know that he or she hoped to incorporate the images into their writing. They are pictures that my friends and I sketched, and I would have wanted to know that they were being used, rather than finding it by surprise months after the fact.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Paradise
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to apologize for any offense that has been taken. I figured that pictures that are uploaded to a publicly view-able site, such as BGG, where the images are for the benefit of all users, was fair game. I would feel differently if I had gotten the images off your FB page or some other sort of semi-private site.

As I said, no offense was intended by this. More of a differing of opinion on the ownership of an image once it is uploaded to a site such as this.

If having the picture on our site is a problem, I would be happy to swap it out for an image that you did not include to the BGG selection of images.

-Victoria Bourne-Nisson
Co-Owner of Game Paradise
and Author of "One Gamer's Opinion"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for responding to the post. I am happy for you to keep them on your review, but could you possibly mention in the caption where it is from, maybe with a link back to the image link on this site? At least this way, people will know the source and be able to find even more information. I have seen people write reviews here and when they use photographs posted by other users, they simply write in the caption where they got it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.