Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: American_Football [+] [View All]
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Unbelievable, amazing, incredible!

We are in Final without a QB and without an offense!!!

Thanks Reed, go Ravens!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Viki3m wrote:
Unbelievable, amazing, incredible!

We are in Final without a QB and without an offense!!!

Thanks Reed, go Ravens!

It's a recipe for success actually.

Baltimore Ravens 2000
Tampa Bay 2001
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
UGH. Maybe if Greenbay had better offense!!!! yuk I wanted them to go to the bowl!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Even with terrible calls that helped Green Bay score 2 TDs, they couldn't get in sync. THey'll really need to address their D in the off seasons.

49ers and Saints, what a game! But seriously if there's one player the Saints had to cover and should have know about it, it was Vernon Davis. Maybe after he scored his first TD they should have paid more attention...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Luds wrote:
Even with terrible calls that helped Green Bay score 2 TDs, they couldn't get in sync. THey'll really need to address their D in the off seasons.

49ers and Saints, what a game! But seriously if there's one player the Saints had to cover and should have know about it, it was Vernon Davis. Maybe after he scored his first TD they should have paid more attention...

Yeah, maybe if they had better team overall. I don't even want to mention their D. shake

They were good. Really good. But not great. Good teams win but great teams get you to the bowl.

Ha, Funny how both my brothers teams lost like this. Saints and Greenbay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bodhisattva wrote:
Who is everyone picking now to win the Super Bowl?

I'm picking a rematch of a few years ago.

Giants 31 Patriots 28
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't follow football much but I'm glad my favorite team, Anyone But The Patriots, are still in it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
bodhisattva wrote:

Giants 31 Patriots 28

Ravens=49ers would see two coaching brothers going at it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Orangemoose wrote:
Ravens=49ers would see two coaching brothers going at it.

That would be an interesting rematch of earlier this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludovic Roy
Canada
Gatineau
Québec
flag msg tools
27 World Series titles and counting!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really hope that the Ravens can pressure with 4, if they can, then they have a good shot. If not, they'll get destroyed. Going for the Ravens in this one.

49ers and Giants is an interesting matchup, I like both teams, and normally I'd cheer for the 49ers but I cannot go against the Giants, as I swore to never cheer against them if they'd do me the favour of beating the overrated-cheating-coached by an A-hole Patriots and that pretty boy most overrated QB of all times Tom Brady a few Super Bowls ago. So, go GIANTS!

But I'd love to see Brother vs. Brother!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any Ravens fans in here? Can you tell me why Flacco is getting so much crap (even from his defensive teammates)? I haven't watched the team that much this year (2 times), but I haven't noticed anything that bad with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that people have trouble with Flacco being so inconsistent. He is great one week and horrible the next far too often. My hopes for his career long term have gone down. He'll be above average, but not great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fluisterwoud wrote:
Are there any Ravens fans in here? Can you tell me why Flacco is getting so much crap (even from his defensive teammates)? I haven't watched the team that much this year (2 times), but I haven't noticed anything that bad with him.

Well he isn't as bad as Kyle Boller, but he puts up a lot of eggs. He is by far the worse of the 4 remaining quarterbacks in the playoffs, but the Ravens have some of the best defense left in the playoffs so they still have a good shot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roberto Vaccari
Italy
Nonantola (Mo)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fluisterwoud wrote:

I'm a big fan and I've seen all Ravens matches this year. In my opinion, Flacco only miss one thing: courage!

In the whole season, on the remarkable side, I only remember the last throw at Pittsburgh (in a pretty desperate situation that needed a big throw).

I think that is not enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Goddamn tree-hugging T.rex
mbmbmbmbmb
OMG! What a game...! Poor Cundiff... shake Keeping my fingers crossed for SF! ( Evil Larry's team! )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I only caught the last 5 minutes but it was good! The Ravens didn't make it so I am happy! Not really pulling for any team now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
n00bs wrote:
OMG! What a game...! Poor Cundiff... shake Keeping my fingers crossed for SF! ( Evil Larry's team! )

I have disliked kickers for a long time. But to get to that point.... Oh well, can't blame this one on Flacco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Crushing for Cundiff. That must be a terrible thing to have to live with. It must be really tough to go into the locker room after that. I can't even imagine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anybody think the Ravens will have the same kicker next year?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bodhisattva wrote:
Anybody think the Ravens will have the same kicker next year?

Yep. He's good for short kicks usually, not for long ones. On second thought, nope.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
If you were him, would you want to spend a season (or even a minute) with that team after that kick?

If this were soccer, someone would whack him...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember a couple years ago a similar thing happened to the Cincinnati Bengals with kicker Shayne Graham; he didn't have a job with the Bengals next season.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Kratochwill
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
I need to change this now that it's not football season.
badge
Almond crusted halibut, lemon crown, thin sliced radishes, parsley
mbmbmbmbmb
Can't believe that field goal was missed, that's not supposed to happpen in playoff games. But now, go 49ers!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratulations to the Patriots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
bodhisattva wrote:

Giants 31 Patriots 28

WooHoo,

I predicted the matchup, now lets see if my score will stand.

Crazy day of football. Both decided by end of the game kicks. One a miss one a hit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.