Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: American_Football [+] [View All]
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knatebaker wrote:
Probowl was hurrendous. Just as terrible as my spelling of that last word.

I think the Pro Bowl was much worse than your spelling. It was worse than preseason football
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fluisterwoud wrote:
Why must we wait so long for the Super Bowl to start?

Because Gronk has a high ankle sprain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Ada
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
knatebaker wrote:
Probowl was hurrendous. Just as terrible as my spelling of that last word.

I think the Pro Bowl was much worse than your spelling. It was worse than preseason football

No, they are trying in pre-season. This is a joke.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
The Giants beat the Patriots already this season, and beat the top two seeds in the stronger NFC the 49ers and the Packers.

While the Patriots have beaten one team with a winning record this year.And Grabakanowski is hurt.

Why are the Patriots favored again?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
The Giants beat the Patriots already this season, and beat the top two seeds in the stronger NFC the 49ers and the Packers.

While the Patriots have beaten one team with a winning record this year.And Grabakanowski is hurt.

Why are the Patriots favored again?

Tom Brady.

Which I think is a mistake. Brady hasn't been exactly world class in the playoffs the past few years. He did not play well against the Ravens.

The way I see it as a Pats fan, this one rests squarely on his shoulders. If he plays his best, he'll expose the Giants secondary just like Eli will be trying to do to us, Gronk or no Gronk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In case of Brady you have a great chance for at least very decent performance. I think much will go down to the play of NE's defence, which has been lousy for much of the season.If it can't play well above it on Sunday, the Giants may finish the deal rather quickly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope it's a low scoring affair with the Giants coming out on top. Because that's what I spent my on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
I hate the Giants for 41-0.

And I dislike Pouty boy Eli Manning for his bad attitude when drafted by the Chargers, and for getting his dad to use his influence to get them to trade him away.

Absolutely shameful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

And I dislike Pouty boy Eli Manning for his bad attitude when drafted by the Chargers, and for getting his dad to use his influence to get them to trade him away.

Absolutely shameful.

If he wins another Super Bowl people will probably forget about that just like they did with John Elway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
fluisterwoud wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Absolutely shameful.

If he wins another Super Bowl people will probably forget about that just like they did with John Elway.

People may, but not me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:

Absolutely shameful.

41-0 sounds familiar. Are you a Vikings fan?

Obviously Eli Manning was onto something to refuse to go to San Diego. Why go to a team with a front office incapable of getting a good coach? And his not going to San Diego was a big win for the Chargers. They got a quarterback that they really wanted in the first place plus the Chargers got extra compensation from the Giants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vikings fan indeed.
Although to be honest it's hard to cheer for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Vikings fan indeed.

I think if I were a Vikings fan I'd be bitter too. It seemed like they were a shoo in for the Super Bowl that year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
frumpish wrote:
Vikings fan indeed.

I think if I were a Vikings fan I'd be bitter too. It seemed like they were a shoo in for the Super Bowl that year.

I learned in 98 there is no such thing as a shoo in. In fact it's really hard to imagine the Vikings coming up with a better team than that. Not that you need a great team to win a Superbowl, but it sure helps.

And the Vikings played a mess of a game, beyond Favre interception.
12 men on the field demonstrates poor coaching and poor discipline.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
charlieturtle wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Absolutely shameful.

41-0 sounds familiar. Are you a Vikings fan?

Obviously Eli Manning was onto something to refuse to go to San Diego. Why go to a team with a front office incapable of getting a good coach? And his not going to San Diego was a big win for the Chargers. They got a quarterback that they really wanted in the first place plus the Chargers got extra compensation from the Giants.

Look what his brother did to help turn around the Colts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, Eli's a prima donna. Heck, lots of alpha males are (so they tell me, I wouldn't know ).

If Eli wins, it will build his legacy. If he loses, nothing will be taken away from his legacy.

If Tom wins, it will build his legacy. However, if he loses it most certainly will affect his legacy as well.

He'll still be a hall of famer and one of the all-time greats, but he will have the nagging monkey on his back that he couldn't get it done in his later career (unless he makes it again and wins it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Football is a team sport. Winning championships is not an individual statistic, it is a team statistic.

Talk to me about championships won in: golf, bowling, singles tennis... championships won or lost say nothing at all about individual players in team sports.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Willows
United States
Woburn
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's true, and the Patriots beat the Ravens without Tom Brady at his best.

Nonetheless, Tom played badly in each of their recent playoff debacles so it's easy to make the broad prediction that as Tom Brady goes, so go the Patriots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
fluisterwoud wrote:
I hope it's a low scoring affair with the Giants coming out on top. Because that's what I spent my on.

Idea! FTL Super Bowl squares. Everyone knows what that is, right? 100 squares, 1 each. 10 each for 1st and 3rd quarters, 30 for halftime and 50 for the final.

I generally don't care as much about the Super Bowl but having squares always makes me care more since I have an investment.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R B
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't know the Patriots have a wizard on the staff .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
frumpish wrote:
Football is a team sport. Winning championships is not an individual statistic, it is a team statistic.

Agreed, they should also stop attributing a W-L stat to the QB's. People place too many team achievements on the shoulders of one person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fluisterwoud wrote:
frumpish wrote:

Agreed, they should also stop attributing a W-L stat to the QB's. People place too many team achievements on the shoulders of one person.

It is true that Football is a team sport, but when it comes to importance some positions are weighted more highly than others. In the NFL the most critical player on any team is the quarterback. A top quarterback can raise a mediocre team to contention. Without a top 10 QB you really need to have a lot of other parts of your team to excel to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claus
Denmark
Sorø
flag msg tools
.. fan
badge
Bow Chicka Bow Bow...
mbmbmbmbmb

KICKOFF!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad
United States
Elsmere
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Picking the Giants for no reason at all. But if the Partiots win I would still be happy because I am an Ochocinco fan and it would be good for him to get a ring after years with the Bengals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooo, won 60 on that Giants safety in the BGG prop bets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [31] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.