North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
JeffyJeff wrote:
Jack Spirio wrote:
Like the desreption says, the red houses are for a fifth player
Quote:
Kingdom Builder: Nomads provides more options and more variety for Donald X. Vaccarino's Kingdom Builder, with four new game boards - and consequently four new powers associated with their respective game boards, such as the power to remove stone from a quarry. Additional Kingdom Builder scoring cards are included to provide new scoring opportunities, and red houses are included to allow for up to five to play.

lol, Eric edited the description (check the wiki "history") to add that after the above discussion

That is one problem with wikis. When I first created the game listing, I knew only about the game boards, the three scoring cards, and some of the tiles. I saw the red houses the following day, at which point I learned that Nomads allowed for up to five to play.

As with many other games, info about Nomads is coming out in bits and pieces as publishers race to finish everything in time before they go public at a convention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
It would be nice to have houses for a sixth player too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Michaud
United States
Longwood
FL
flag msg tools
On-Line Want List Generator - Hopefully Making Math Trades a Little Bit Easier
badge
Captain Kirk, Captain Picard, Captain Sisko, Captain Janeway, Captain Archer
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:

I think the board would be too crowded, at least with the current setup of a 2 x 2 playing area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Somer
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:

If houses are added for a sixth player in another expansion, I would hope that a new pack of terrain cards are also added (with different backs, to distinguish them). Then two tables can be set up, with equipment to spare, to accommodate this group of players. While we're at it, throw in the houses for the seventh and eighth players as well...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morgan
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
I didn't think 6 players was too big an ask. It has been suggested before by more people. You would use a 3x2 map.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Not that this would necessarily break the game, but a 3x2 map would change the scoring potential on either the Discoverers or the Knights, depending on whether you do three rows of two columns or two rows of three columns.

Edit: While increasing those, it would also decrease the scoring potential of the Farmers, unless you made an addendum saying that you ignore the two lowest-population boards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Eric Martin
United States
Apex
North Carolina
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Dexter345 wrote:
Not that this would necessarily break the game, but a 3x2 map would change the scoring potential on either the Discoverers or the Knights, depending on whether you do three rows of two columns or two rows of three columns.

Edit: While increasing those, it would also decrease the scoring potential of the Farmers, unless you made an addendum saying that you ignore the two lowest-population boards.

Whatever you do, all players would be affected equally and would know about the scoring possibilities before the game starts, so I don't see such changes as being unfair. That said, I'd never want to play the game with six, and I doubt I'd play with five. Even Dominion with four was a rarity for me as I like to play faster than most players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
richiebabes wrote:

You could always just buy some elsewhere and throw them in the box. The Game Crafter springs to mind: https://www.thegamecrafter.com/parts/house-purple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Ryan
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I like about this game is that it should be very easy to expand with your own house rules. I already saw a picture of a guy playing with 5 players using tokens from another game. It would have been interesting if all the special locations had been printed on placable hex tiles so their location could be random or different every game as well (never mind the problem of placing them randomly in a usable space.) This is a very well balanced and designed game (and the components came out great as well).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.