$10.00
Recommend
23 
 Thumb up
 Hide
42 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Community » Feel the Love

Subject: Where's your story in the Mountains of Madness? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought it would be nice to be able to read all the adventures of the FTL'ers, but there's no easy way to find out who participated and under which item. So post in this thread a link to your item. URLs like

http://www.rpggeek.com/geeklist/item/1974104

link to a page which just contain your geeklist item and therefore they load fast. So please use it, because loading the entire geeklist is terribly slow at the moment.






Please also mention your current chapter, or the chapter where your adventure ended, so that people can decide if they already want to read it, or save it for later.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the link to my adventure. I'm currently in chapter 5-1. Still alive but with just 1HP and 2SP. Died in chapter 5-2.
20 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canadian Dave
United States
Lehi
UT
flag msg tools
Wise men say, forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for late pizza.
mbmbmbmbmb
My adventure with unbelievably bad die rolls!!

It's been fun. I'm actually in 4.1. I think my GM must like me.

1d4 = 1
1d6 = 1
1d8 = 8
1d10 = 1
1d12 = 1
Lose 1 Gold

1d20 = 15
Get away from rocks

1d20+1 = 14
1d20+1 = 4
1d20+1 = 9
1d20+1 = 7
Hurt by gnoll (-1HP)

1d20 = 5
Terrified by wyvern (-1SP)

1d20 = 13
Hermit lets me in

1d20 = 3
Wyvern slices me (-1HP)

1d20+1 = 3
1d20+1 = 5
1d20+1 = 5
1d20+1 = 19
Salamander hits me (-1HP)

1d20+1 = 2
Burned by lava (-1HP)

1d20 = 5
Spirit attacks me (-1HP)

1d20-1 = 4
Swamp makes homer go crazy (-1SP)

1d20 = 16
Allowed to enter Lizard kingdom

1d20 = 12
Death by giant
21 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobbit DM
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Me and

Duke of Lizards
United States
College Station
Texas
flag msg tools
I am a breathing time machine
badge
We're all in this together, and we love to take a bath!
mbmbmbmbmb


are #32 in 2P

We're slow - Chapter 3-4 so far.
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Cooper
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
top gear dude
United States
secret underground base
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and I have joined forces. You can see our adventure here.

We are currently at 2-2b.
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario De Super
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Item #304. I went insane on chapter 5-5. I failed the roll by 1. I can't complain, because my goddess (the die) cam through for me on many occasions. I can recall two serious mistakes immediately after I made them, but I was generally happy playing the role out as I did.

Spoiler alert!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1972149#item197...
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mariogolbee wrote:
Item #304. I went insane on chapter 5-5. I failed the roll by 1. I can't complain, because my goddess (the die) cam through for me on many occasions. I can recall two serious mistakes immediately after I made them, but I was generally happy playing the role out as I did.

Spoiler alert!

http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1972149#item197...


Nice stories you've been telling!
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
Here is mine & metzie's: Unlikely heroes on an adventure

I teamed up with
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


But he just lost his sanity. I probably won't hold out much longer, only have 2HP and 1SP left and am merely at 3.5 (although we already did go to 3.6 but were thrown back!)...

However, dice hate me:
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm hanging in there solo, but I'm down to 3 HP and 3 SP, in chapter 3-6, with a long way to go.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1973151#ite...

My once hot dice have turned into ice cubes. cry
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
SimGuy wrote:
I'm hanging in there solo, but I'm down to 3 HP and 3 SP, in chapter 3-6, with a long way to go.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1973151#ite...

My once hot dice have turned into ice cubes. cry


Wow! You have a friendly GM! I tried sorta the same thing with my GM but he would not budge! *shakes fist at Dave*
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sim Guy
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
SimGuy wrote:
I'm hanging in there solo, but I'm down to 3 HP and 3 SP, in chapter 3-6, with a long way to go.
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1973151#ite...

My once hot dice have turned into ice cubes. cry


Wow! You have a friendly GM! I tried sorta the same thing with my GM but he would not budge! *shakes fist at Dave*


T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
Leonie has been great, but the 8 hour time difference makes play a little difficult. I'm having to sneak in plays while I'm at work.ninja
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Here is mine & metzie's: Unlikely heroes on an adventure

I teamed up with
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


But he just lost his sanity. I probably won't hold out much longer, only have 2HP and 1SP left and am merely at 3.5 (although we already did go to 3.6 but were thrown back!)...

However, dice hate me:

hell they hated both of ussurprise
19 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in chapter 3 at the moment...
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1970334#ite...

I'm not reading much of others. It's my first RPG and I don't want spoilers. Just following my gut feeling...
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mb
http://rpggeek.com/geeklist/99361/the-mountains-of-madness-2...

Item number 19, we don't really care how far we get just how long it takes to drive our GM crazy.

Djali: may I just put this forward, this looks like an RPG but it's not the same feel, trust me. Come over to De Haan and I will teach you what the real RPG's.
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Djali
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hakuna
badge
Matata
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Djali: may I just put this forward, this looks like an RPG but it's not the same feel, trust me. Come over to De Haan and I will teach you what the real RPG's.

Less dice influence, more playing?

It does feel strange to do RPG alone... behind a computer...
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
metzjames wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Here is mine & metzie's: Unlikely heroes on an adventure

I teamed up with
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb


But he just lost his sanity. I probably won't hold out much longer, only have 2HP and 1SP left and am merely at 3.5 (although we already did go to 3.6 but were thrown back!)...

However, dice hate me:

hell they hated both of ussurprise


Yup, I just died! 4 attack rolls with +3 for the Elven Sword, had to be 14 or higher and my highest roll was a 10+3=13 shake

I said to Dave that I will bring my own dice next time!
18 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
designer
If you have some sanity left...
badge
...come and join me in the tavern I buy you a mug of beer.
mb
DjaliRioT wrote:
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Djali: may I just put this forward, this looks like an RPG but it's not the same feel, trust me. Come over to De Haan and I will teach you what the real RPG's.

Less dice influence, more playing?

It does feel strange to do RPG alone... behind a computer...


Well there are a lot of rpg's available as pc games But I think you always miss the feeling off having fun together what for me is the most fun in these games. Look at what Hida and I are doing in our run...
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
Hahahahahahaha!

Metz and I are back in the adventure!!!

We were accidentally thrown backwards at a certain point and Dave just saw his mistake

Wish us luck!
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Hahahahahahaha!

Metz and I are back in the adventure!!!

We were accidentally thrown backwards at a certain point and Dave just saw his mistake

Wish us luck!


YEEEHAA! Go girl!
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meshell Heelbeck
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1972337#item197...

Here's mine
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Van de Voorde
Belgium
Schoonaarde (Dendermonde)
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
Have a Dikke Knuffel (A Big Hug for you non dutch speaking people :) )
badge
Stepping out on the road is a dangerous business. You have to keep your feet under you, or before you know it you'll be swept off to who knows where!
mbmbmb
And here is mine :

http://rpggeek.com/geeklist/99360/item/1972249#item1972249

I enjoy it

Good luck to those who aren't yet perished! zombie

BTW: I'm currently at 3.5 I think
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
a valiant, pungent reindeer king
United States
Buffalo
New York
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmbmb
Aenea wrote:
Hahahahahahaha!

Metz and I are back in the adventure!!!

We were accidentally thrown backwards at a certain point and Dave just saw his mistake

Wish us luck!


So not everyone

Spoiler (click to reveal)
had to fight that goddamn wyvern twice


?
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faye Holliday

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha!

My crazy 1p adventure

Why is everyone a dwarf rogue! get off mah lawn! I just finished my first role play challenge and now waiting on the gm to come back. worst dice ever! hahahaha

17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
lizard
Netherlands
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Auramine O wrote:
Ha!

My crazy 1p adventure

Why is everyone a dwarf rogue! get off mah lawn! I just finished my first role play challenge and now waiting on the gm to come back. worst dice ever! hahahaha



Nice!! I love to read other people's roleplaying!

Haha, congratz with your lute!
17 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alysa
Netherlands
Zoetermeer area
flag msg tools
Garfield
badge
Never trust a smiling Garfield!
mbmbmbmb
Sigafoos wrote:
Aenea wrote:
Hahahahahahaha!

Metz and I are back in the adventure!!!

We were accidentally thrown backwards at a certain point and Dave just saw his mistake

Wish us luck!


So not everyone

Spoiler (click to reveal)
had to fight that goddamn wyvern twice


?


Nope that actually might have been a mistake on Dave's part as well!!

Because I saw what happened to you guys I was not surprised that it happened to us as well!
16 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.