Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As per the rules:

Quote:
Example: Mike has already claimed the red trophy card and has 2 gray, 3 blue, 3 green, and 5 yellow cubes.
Kevin wins a tile, giving him 3 yellow, 3 red, 5 green, 3 blue, and 2 gray cubes. He claims the green and blue trophies, using 3 red cubes as a blue cube.
Mike may now claim the gray trophy using 3 blue cubes as 1 gray cube.
As Kevin can claim no trophy, Mike claims the yellow trophy using 3 green cubes as 1 yellow cube, winning the game!
Had Mike chosen to claim the yellow trophy first, Kevin would have been able to win the game by claiming the gray trophy before Mike using his 3 yellow cubes as 1 gray cube.

Why would Kevin not take the Gray trophy in the first place? He had enough cubes (with the 3:1 exchange), didn't he?

Or did I overlook a small detail in the rules pertaining any limit on 3:1 exchanges or number of trophies claimed at once?

Note: I am playing BC on Yucata.de for a long time now, but as it is automated, I of course do not see the 3:1 exchanges happening...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gilberg
United States
Norman
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
As per the rules:

Quote:
Example: Mike has already claimed the red trophy card and has 2 gray, 3 blue, 3 green, and 5 yellow cubes.
Kevin wins a tile, giving him 3 yellow, 3 red, 5 green, 3 blue, and 2 gray cubes. He claims the green and blue trophies, using 3 red cubes as a blue cube.
Mike may now claim the gray trophy using 3 blue cubes as 1 gray cube.
As Kevin can claim no trophy, Mike claims the yellow trophy using 3 green cubes as 1 yellow cube, winning the game!
Had Mike chosen to claim the yellow trophy first, Kevin would have been able to win the game by claiming the gray trophy before Mike using his 3 yellow cubes as 1 gray cube.

Why would Kevin not take the Gray trophy in the first place? He had enough cubes (with the 3:1 exchange), didn't he?

You can't trade 3:1 if the 3 color trophy is unclaimed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, now I get it

Until a color is unclaimed, you cannot trade cubes of that color... Thx!
Somehow misunderstood that sentence...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Freshmaker
United States
Overland Park
Kansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
As per the rules:
Note: I am playing BC on Yucata.de for a long time now, but as it is automated, I of course do not see the 3:1 exchanges happening...

Yucata definitely implements the 3:1 rule. I've snatched several victories through claiming cups this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.