Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know the name of the font used for Settlers of Catan? I'm attempting to make graphics and I'd prefer to have the correct font. I'd also appreciate it if you could tell me where I can download the font too.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On Siedeln.de the font "Georgia" was mentioned as being similar (to the font used on German boxes, I suppose).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply. I've found many fonts that are similar, but I can't find one with the same style serifs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Jefferson
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Try this:

http://www.myfonts.com/WhatTheFont/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried it. Unfortunately it didn't get anything close
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Jackson
Canada
flag msg tools
Using the What The Font tool with some high quality images I was told that Garamond MT Bold was the best match. I didn't find anywhere to download it (although I didn't look hard) but I already had Garamond Bold which looks very close for my purposes. This was all based only on the number chits, but hopefully it helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the heads up. That font is fairly close, but the T does not quite match up properly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kat Herring
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I know this is a really old thread, but was searching for the font myself... just wanted to let you know that I found out it was called minion.... dunno if you ever discovered it. You can find it at fontzone.net.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Melbourne
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
elvenmagick wrote:
I know this is a really old thread, but was searching for the font myself... just wanted to let you know that I found out it was called minion.... dunno if you ever discovered it. You can find it at fontzone.net.

I can't remember what I eventually used as a substitute. Minion is certainly pretty close, but the serifs look just a little bit off.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.