James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens when a bypassing infantry unit breaks and as it moves into the building at the end of its Mph, conealed enemy units are located inside?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A12.51. Concealment is lost, the moving unit faces TPBF, usually with a -2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Rusch
United States
West Hills
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
What happens when a bypassing infantry unit breaks and as it moves into the building at the end of its Mph, conealed enemy units are located inside?


They die a vainglorious death.

Sorry, just couldn't help my self. I'll go crawl under a rock now.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just A Gamer
msg tools
Infantry broken while using Bypass movement remain in the open portion of the obstacle hex being Bypassed until the end of its Movement Phase.

The unit is considered to be in the obstacle hex during and after Final Fire. A4.32


1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
What happens when a bypassing infantry unit breaks and as it moves into the building at the end of its Mph, conealed enemy units are located inside?


That's a hard question, but I think I get it.

Let me understand the situation:

1) Concealed Defender in woods/building
2) Attacker bypasses Defender in woods/building
3) From outside the hex a different Defender shoots and breaks the Attacker.
4) MPh ends. Broken Attacker enters the hex with concealed Defender.

So now...

5) All defenders in the hex lose concealment.
6) Hex is marked with CC
7) RtPh. Broken Attacker must rout away.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
grahamj wrote:
What happens when a bypassing infantry unit breaks and as it moves into the building at the end of its Mph, conealed enemy units are located inside?


Breaks as it's bypassing the hex containing the ?ed unit(s)?
or breaks as a result of attempting to enter the hex during the MPH?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Stewart
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
It's sooo Hot out here...
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
grahamj wrote:
What happens when a bypassing infantry unit breaks and as it moves into the building at the end of its Mph, conealed enemy units are located inside?


4) MPh ends. Broken Attacker enters the hex with concealed Defender.

So now...

5) All defenders in the hex lose concealment.
6) Hex is marked with CC
7) RtPh. Broken Attacker must rout away.



Enemy units may fire upon the Broken unit at TBPF during the First/Final Fire opportunity during the MPH.

IF no GOOD ORDER enemy units have LOS to the Bypassed enemy, he doesn't lose ?ment even if he fires and the Broken unit enters the obstacle.

Unit MAY decide to ROUT in the Rout phase. The defender must reveal a non-dummy GO unit to force the unit to rout. Only upon entering a ?ed unit location must the ?ment of one unit be lost.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Lago Vista
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
drmark64 wrote:
grahamj wrote:
What happens when a bypassing infantry unit breaks and as it moves into the building at the end of its Mph, conealed enemy units are located inside?


4) MPh ends. Broken Attacker enters the hex with concealed Defender.

So now...

5) All defenders in the hex lose concealment.
6) Hex is marked with CC
7) RtPh. Broken Attacker must rout away.



Enemy units may fire upon the Broken unit at TBPF during the First/Final Fire opportunity during the MPH.

IF no GOOD ORDER enemy units have LOS to the Bypassed enemy, he doesn't lose ?ment even if he fires and the Broken unit enters the obstacle.

Unit MAY decide to ROUT in the Rout phase. The defender must reveal a non-dummy GO unit to force the unit to rout. Only upon entering a ?ed unit location must the ?ment of one unit be lost.



In step 5 the defender will lose concealment. So if there is a unit there, rout will be mandatory.

What did I learn from all this? That you can bypass in a hex with concealed units.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't there something about hidden units must be revealed and placed beneath a concealment marker when an enemy unit attempts to enter their location?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ASLChampion wrote:
...IF no GOOD ORDER enemy units have LOS to the Bypassed enemy, he doesn't lose ?ment even if he fires and the Broken unit enters the obstacle...


I am not completely convinced of this point. I will have to look that up today.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Roundhill
United States
Lago Vista
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
grahamj wrote:
Isn't there something about hidden units must be revealed and placed beneath a concealment marker when an enemy unit attempts to enter their location?


You are correct.A12.15 and A12.3 are the rules in question, and references Bypass as a possible exception. HIP is the equivalent of Concealment, so any time A12.15 applies, HIP units will be revealed.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Kennedy
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
drmark64 wrote:
ASLChampion wrote:
...IF no GOOD ORDER enemy units have LOS to the Bypassed enemy, he doesn't lose ?ment even if he fires and the Broken unit enters the obstacle...


I am not completely convinced of this point. I will have to look that up today.

Check the Chapter A divider on Concealment Loss/Gain. If there is no Good Order or Unbroken unit with LOS then the Concealed guys can do anything they want as long as they don't break or reduce.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thelivekennedy wrote:
drmark64 wrote:
ASLChampion wrote:
...IF no GOOD ORDER enemy units have LOS to the Bypassed enemy, he doesn't lose ?ment even if he fires and the Broken unit enters the obstacle...


I am not completely convinced of this point. I will have to look that up today.

Check the Chapter A divider on Concealment Loss/Gain. If there is no Good Order or Unbroken unit with LOS then the Concealed guys can do anything they want as long as they don't break or reduce.


Yep, you are correct on this one. Good spot.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Genghis Ahn
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Sometimes You Are Wrong !
badge
Coolest Promo Ever ! Stonewall Lives
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...

Don't know whether to laugh or cry that I actually understand this question
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Evans
United States
Berlin
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do both at the same time. It heightens the sense of a mental break. Which is appropriate at this point.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.