Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried playing this but got confused with the scoring, can anyone help make it clearer.

it says - 4 pts for each collection that only you have built - (didn't think you could put cards in other players piles, doesn't seem to say so in rules)

- 3 pts for each collection that has the longest row -. So if all plays have different collections even if they only have one card in each would they still get 3 pts for each one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Scott
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's essentially just a majority scoring rule based on the type of cards in the player's collections. Think of it this way, you get 3 points for having the most cards of a certain type/colour and 1 point for have second most. If there is no second place (you are the only player with cards of a certain type), then you get the second place point as well - this is what they mean by 4 points (3+1). If you're tied for first place, then split the 4 points between players. No points for tied second.

So in your example, if all players had completely different types of cards they would get 4 points for each collection they have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cartwright
United Kingdom
Spilsby
LINCS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the reply.

So let me see if I've got this right then. If I had 3 collections with one card in each that was different from anyones. I would get 4 pts for each one, so that would be 12 pts. I would then get 4 pts for each one again as I would have them most and second most. So I would then get 24pts in all. This is what happened to everyone in the first game we tried to play, which just seemed like alot of points to me straightaway.

I'm not really understanding why you get 4 pts for each collection as well as getting the 3pts for the longest or 1 for second longest.

When it says you get 4 pts for each built collection I'm assuming it means each one built since the last scoring round, otherwise you would just keep scoring the same collections over and over again???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Scott
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You would only score 12 point. The 4 points means you have essentially come first and second so get the 3 and 1 points to yourself.

Just think of the game having simple scoring where there are 4 points to dish out per type of card at a scoring phase:

All 4 points go to one player if they are the only player collecting that type
- OR -
3 points to the player with the most of that type, 1 point to the player with the second most
- OR -
2 points to each player if they are tied for the most.

I'll do a little worked example of some simplified rounds:

Scoring phase 1:

Player 1
(A)(A)(A)
(B)(B)

Player 2
(A)(A)
(C)(C)

Player 3
(A)
(D)(D)
(E) FOX

Player 1 scores: 3(A) + 4(B) = 7
Player 2 scores: 1(A) + 4(C) = 5
Player 3 scores: 0(A) + 4(D) + 0(E) = 4

Notes: The fox eliminates any cards the player has for E, so he scores nothing. Player 1 was the only player who had B cards so scores 4 points instead of 3. Likewise for Player 2 with C cards and Player 3 with D cards.

Scoring phase 2:
Player 1
(A)(A)(A)(A)
(B)(B) FOX
(E)(E)

Player 2
(A)(A)
(B)
(C)(C)
(D)

Player 3
(A)(A)
(B)(B)
(D)(D)
(E)(E)

Player 1 scores: 3(A) + 0(B) + 2(E) = 5
Player 2 scores: 0(A) + 1(B) + 4(C) + 1(D) = 6
Player 3 scores: 0(A) + 3(B) + 3(D) + 2(E) = 8

Notes: The fox has eliminated player 1's B cards. Normally player 1 would share the longest with Player 3 who also has 2 B's (and receive 2 points each), but now player 1 receives nothing for B, whereas player 3 now gets 3 points for the longest B and player 2 gets 1 point for the second longest B.

(Lots of edits cos I couldn't get it to post properly)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.