Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
520 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Card Sleeve Sizes for Games Corrections, Additions, Suggestions, and Requests Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Sleeves [+] [View All]
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
This thread serves as a place to post corrections, additions, and suggestions for the Card Sleeve Sizes for Games - A (not yet) comprehensive list of games and what size their cards are.

If you notice any information on the GeekList that is incorrect, please post here with the game and the corrected information so it can be updated on the GeekList. If you have information about any games not currently included in the GeekList, please post here with the game, number of cards, and sleeve size, so it can be added to the GeekList. Corrections and additions here will receive tips until the amount tipped to the GeekList runs out (and probably even after that, depending on how broke I am). This is also the place to post any suggestions you may have to improve the GeekList.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Moore
South Africa
Grahamstown
Eastern Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Card Sleeve Sizes for Games Corrections, Additions, and Suggestions Thread
Certain cards only fit in sleeves that are slightly too big, e.g. Action cards in Space Alert are narrower than standard Mini Euro (but too long for Mini US), making FFG/Premium Mayday sleeves preferable, imo.

Adding commentary about particular idiosyncrasises like this would help a lot.

Also, Space Alert Scenario cards are 88 x 150mm, and I don't know of any sleeves that would fit them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check the SWAN Panasia sleeves here: www.boardgamer.org

They offer more than 40 different sizes and they fit perfectly. I use them for years. Unfortunately i have to get them from Taiwan, as i don't think that they are available in Europe/USA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Haglert
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I will send one but I want to start with saying that I think the format is bad, it's inconvenient to scroll the list and there's no links in the first post and so on.

The pretty perfect solution would be to have it in a wiki, probably in alphabetic order with expansions under the base game, both any card sizes used, number of them and what kind of sleeves fit the best from whatever manufacturer (or standardized with just saying "American" and then have a link to what each seller call theirs as long as they are truly the same size and all of them will really fit.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rudimental wrote:
Certain cards only fit in sleeves that are slightly too big, e.g. Action cards in Space Alert are narrower than standard Mini Euro (but too long for Mini US), making FFG/Premium Mayday sleeves preferable, imo.

Adding commentary about particular idiosyncrasises like this would help a lot.

I definitely think it would be helpful to include information like that on the list. If you post any information like that either here or comment on the particular items, I'll be sure to add it. If I can get one, I was also considering including a picture of a card in the sleeve in these cases, so the exact fit can be seen.

Rudimental wrote:
Also, Space Alert Scenario cards are 88 x 150mm, and I don't know of any sleeves that would fit them.

Ok, they were referred to as "cards" in the components list, so I wasn't sure if they were sleevable or not.

GeoMan wrote:

They offer more than 40 different sizes and they fit perfectly. I use them for years. Unfortunately i have to get them from Taiwan, as i don't think that they are available in Europe/USA.

Interesting, I hadn't heard about that brand before. Sounds like they're worth checking out, too bad they're hard to get ahold of. I'll add SWAN Panasia sizes for any games if you know what size fits (since they have so many sizes, it's probably a little more complicated than just equating them to FF or Mayday sizes).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:

Cool site. I would have never thought that there would be Carcassonne tile sleeves! That's the first for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna Hind
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
“Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.” ― Steve Maraboli
badge
"Be happy with being you. Love your flaws. Own your quirks. And know that you are just as perfect as anyone else, exactly as you are." Ariana Grande
mbmbmbmbmb
One very helpful link is http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?cat=48&category=C.... That's not a complete list, but there are quite a few games and which Mayday Games sleeves will fit

Thanks for starting up a list of games and different sleeves. I'm always sleeving my games so this should be making it easier to determine which sleeves I need to go and buy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kattvippa wrote:
One very helpful link is http://www.boardgameextras.co.uk/index.php?cat=48&category=C.... That's not a complete list, but there are quite a few games and which Mayday Games sleeves will fit

Interesting. It seems like most of those are on the list on Mayday's site, but there are at least a few that aren't. Thanks for pointing that site out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Pontious
United States
Tipp City
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great list btw. One quick correction. War of the Ring 2nd Edition uses the same sleeves as the Collector's Edition version of War of the Ring. Your information for 1st Edition is probably correct (I don't have it so I can't say).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Posh1227 wrote:
Great list btw. One quick correction. War of the Ring 2nd Edition uses the same sleeves as the Collector's Edition version of War of the Ring. Your information for 1st Edition is probably correct (I don't have it so I can't say).

It appears my information was for the Fantasy Flight edition. I've added the 2nd Edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kimmo Kakkuri
Finland
Vaasa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to a comment in this thread, the number of cards in Mage Knight Board Game should be 240.
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/706524/card-size-sleeves

I can also confirm that in Innovation there's 110 cards. I've sleeved mine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Moore
South Africa
Grahamstown
Eastern Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
One other thing:

As you may have noticed while compiling this, FFG cards and sleeves at 'Standard American' size seem to be larger than the metric 56mm x 87mm listed, and more like original bridge-sized cards - imperial 2.25in x 3.5in (~57mm x ~89mm).

So, FFG Standard American sleeves will fit FFG 'Standard American' sized cards, but Mayday's Standard American sleeves will not most of the time (since they are close-fit for 56mm x 87mm non-FFG 'Standard US' cards), and Chimera sleeves are required (57.5mm x 89mm).

Thus, any game listed as requiring Mayday Chimera sleeves ought to also fit into FFG Standard American sleeves. Obviously, a blanket claim like this would require measurement of the sleeves themselves first in order to justify inclusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rudimental wrote:
One other thing:

As you may have noticed while compiling this, FFG cards and sleeves at 'Standard American' size seem to be larger than the metric 56mm x 87mm listed, and more like original bridge-sized cards - imperial 2.25in x 3.5in (~57mm x ~89mm).

So, FFG Standard American sleeves will fit FFG 'Standard American' sized cards, but Mayday's Standard American sleeves will not most of the time (since they are close-fit for 56mm x 87mm non-FFG 'Standard US' cards), and Chimera sleeves are required (57.5mm x 89mm).

Thus, any game listed as requiring Mayday Chimera sleeves ought to also fit into FFG Standard American sleeves. Obviously, a blanket claim like this would require measurement of the sleeves themselves first in order to justify inclusion.

I believe the FFG Standard American sleeves are between Mayday Standard USA and Chimera sleeves.

I believe I have that taken into account for most games. For example, you can see Mansions of Madness and Maria.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Red November Cards = 64
Size = 5/8'' x 2 1/2'' (41x63 MM)

Fantasy Flight Mini American
UPC 9781589945111 50ct.

Mayday Mini USA Premium Card Game Sleeves
UPC 080162892231 50ct.
UPC 080162890459 100ct.

Ultra Pro Mini American
UPC 074427826628 50ct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clement Ma
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Correction for 7 Wonders:

Actually - if you add 7 Wonder (selection) cards and 2 two-player variant cards, the total is 157. The Mayday sleeves come in packets of 80, so 2 x 80 = 160 will cover the entire game. However, if you plan to get Leaders expansion as well, it maybe worth ordering 3 packets.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silvenfire wrote:
Correction for 7 Wonders:

Actually - if you add 7 Wonder (selection) cards and 2 two-player variant cards, the total is 157. The Mayday sleeves come in packets of 80, so 2 x 80 = 160 will cover the entire game. However, if you plan to get Leaders expansion as well, it maybe worth ordering 3 packets.

The premium sleeves come in packs of 80, the regular come in packs of 100.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayday Games
United States
Layton
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We (Mayday Games) has been keeping a list for years of what sleeves fit what games in a simple excel spreadsheet. You can download it directly at:

maydaygames.com/sleeves.xls

Change that to .pdf at the end if you prefer a PDF file. The XLS file is in "old excel" for those behind the times and it is fully searchable and sortable. If you have ANY additions/corrections to that list please shoot me an email to seth@maydaygames.com and I'll add/correct anything on there.

We have over 800 unique games/expansions on the list right now but would love to add a bunch more if any of you know any more.

If any of you have any specific sleeve size requests please email us too as we keep a list of requests and will actually make sleeves of specific sizes if/when we get enough requests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
maydaygames wrote:
We (Mayday Games) has been keeping a list for years of what sleeves fit what games in a simple excel spreadsheet. You can download it directly at:

maydaygames.com/sleeves.xls

Change that to .pdf at the end if you prefer a PDF file. The XLS file is in "old excel" for those behind the times and it is fully searchable and sortable. If you have ANY additions/corrections to that list please shoot me an email to seth@maydaygames.com and I'll add/correct anything on there.

We have over 800 unique games/expansions on the list right now but would love to add a bunch more if any of you know any more.

If any of you have any specific sleeve size requests please email us too as we keep a list of requests and will actually make sleeves of specific sizes if/when we get enough requests.

Your list was actually the inspiration for this list, and has been very helpful in creating the GeekList. I haven't noticed your list being updated very often (not that I've sent in additions), but I know several of the games on this GeekList aren't on there. I'll send you some updates once this GeekList slows down a little.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Meyer
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mayday green sleeves (63.5 mm x 88 mm) fit Biblios's 89 cards well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Whore
United States
Burlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have calipers or anything like that, but I have the Odysseia edition of Modern Art, and I've been wanting to sleeve those ever since I got it. The cards are monsters, though -- bigger than most standard sleeves... I'd be very interested if there's a sleeve size that exists out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bbenston wrote:
I don't have calipers or anything like that, but I have the Odysseia edition of Modern Art, and I've been wanting to sleeve those ever since I got it. The cards are monsters, though -- bigger than most standard sleeves... I'd be very interested if there's a sleeve size that exists out there.

If you have a ruler with mm on it, you should be able to get a pretty good measurement. If you post the size here, we should be able to figure out the correct sleeve size.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
WARHAMMER QUEST SERIES:

399 Total Card Sleeves needed.

Includes the Main Game, all official Expansions, as well as magazine supplements ever produced by Games Workshop.
Breakdown as follows:

Mayday Premium Euro sleeves - 59 x 92 mm

Warhammer Quest
105 cards

Warhammer Quest: Lair of the Orc Lord
36 cards

Warhammer Quest: Catacombs of Terror
36 cards

Warhammer Quest: Treasure Cards Pack #1
55 cards (including cover card)

Warhammer Quest: Treasure Cards Pack #2

Warhammer Quest: Treasure Cards Pack #3

Blank Event Cards Blister Pack
21 cards

White Dwarf Magazines
36 cards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Littlemonk
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Young Forest Warrior
badge
Samurai trained to die with honor. Ninja trained to kill others. Shao-Lin trained to live forever!
mbmbmbmbmb
Dragonmaster

70" x 110" sleeves
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Carmel
IN
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the_bummer wrote:
Includes the Main Game, all official Expansions, as well as magazine supplements ever produced by Games Workshop.

What about the individual character expansions, some of those appear to be official expansions that come with cards? Like the Warhammer Quest: Bretonnian Knight.

the_bummer wrote:
Dragonmaster

70" x 110" sleeves

That must be very difficult to play, with cards over 9 feet tall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DW Kelly
United States
Lawrence
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Addition:

Slapshot Columbia Games, 2011.

54 cards = Fantasy Flight, Standard American, recommend premium sleeves for better shuffling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [21] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.