Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: asljr_rsp [+] [View All]
Paul Jones
United Kingdom
Bolton
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Tom,

I would second (or third or fourth) the recommendation to get SK1 first. There's enough to get your head around with infantry before you bring Guns and Tanks into the mix. However, if you still want to get SK3 and/or the SKEP, Second Chance Games has them both in stock as well as the SK Bonus Pack. Celestial Games has SK1.

Also, depending on where you are based, one of the 3 annual UK ASL tournaments is coming up in early March in Blackpool (8th-11th March but you can drop in any day you like). Its a great chance to meet other ASLers and get some games in - there's no need to play in the tournament, many don't. I'll be there and would be happy to give you a game.

Welcome to the cult.

Paul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tomlinson
United Kingdom
Sheffield
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would snap up that SK1. They are getting hard to find.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Vicca
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The K sets get reprinted fairly quickly so expect it to be available again about July this year. Unlike the bigger modules, the forms for the SK are all in modern format so the delays do not occur.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Halliday
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Quote:
I would snap up that SK1. They are getting hard to find.

Yeah, I'm thinking I might grab a copy of that now, and then if I can see myself getting into/ having someone to play against (which is probable) then I can get the rest of it for my birthday or something.

Quote:
Also, depending on where you are based, one of the 3 annual UK ASL tournaments is coming up in early March in Blackpool (8th-11th March but you can drop in any day you like). Its a great chance to meet other ASLers and get some games in - there's no need to play in the tournament, many don't. I'll be there and would be happy to give you a game.

That sounds like it would be fun, but I'm not sure whether I'm around, link by any chance?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Richardson
United States
Lindsborg
Kansas
flag msg tools
mb
Tom Halliday wrote:
That sounds like it would be fun, but I'm not sure whether I'm around, link by any chance?

Go to the View from the Trenches web site:

http://www.vftt.co.uk/index.asp

and download a copy of their latest newsletter (#83) which should have details on all of the British tournaments and a contact list for British ASL players.

(You should consider downloading all of their back issues, as there are many interesting articles in them.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Halliday
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Thank you, I may have to attend this if I get the chance, sounds like fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.