Popular Tags: [View All]
Hans-Joerg Gross
Germany
Black Forest
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
funambulist wrote:

One small observation: I've installed the game both on my iPad and my iPhone and where the iPhone's UI seems well polished and efficient, the graphics and layout on the iPad seem clumsy, like an afterthought.
Not a deal breaker by any means but certainly a pity in that it may turn some people off.

Hm, I cannot compare the graphics from my iPad with an iPhone, because I dont have such a phone, but on my pad2, the graphic seems very well to me.
The IOS Implementation of the game is a really good work. I agree with your quick review.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. sladeums .
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
have to very strongly agree with funambulist's comments in regards to iPad presentation.

It's not that the graphics are bad per se, but that the UI layout and presentation are very spare.

If you look at some screenshots of 2 player you can see that literally nearly half of the screen is blank, totally empty, undecorated space.
Some of this fills up when you increase the number of players, but there's still a lot of wasted real estate.

Combine that w/ the fact that you can in no way zoom, resize, or customize any of the on screen elements and the whole thing feels very static and somewhat unfinished.

For some people the gameplay will be sufficient to overlook that.
But I think for the average AppStore buyer they are probably expecting a little more polish out of a $5 game.

Please don't take my comments as any more than wholly constructive criticism, as that is all I intend.

I've never played the tabletop game personally, yet after just the tutorial and 1/2 a game this morning I could not stop thinking about it all day at work.

I think this has a ton of potential, but hope that some aspects are still considered work in progress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Rose
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to agree with some of the comments. The game is fun and I would definitely recommend it, but graphically it is a little sparse. I hope updates continue to improve the game. At least you got the most important things right the first time around; good AI, and a fun game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.