tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W M Shubert
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like the same rules with the wizard added. He doesn't seem terribly overpowered to me, so I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it'd be fun to try playing with him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henry Allen
United States
Longwood
FLORIDA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coming from someone who has only played the Beowulf incarnation of this game ...

Do I understand correctly that when you draw a tile you must play that tile? I'm sure it speeds the game along and it seems crystal clear in the rules but I feel compelled to ask because it seems so odd to have a start tile but not get the choice which to play once you've drawn (as in Beowulf).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Sandifer
United States
Lutherville
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KlydeFrog wrote:
Do I understand correctly that when you draw a tile you must play that tile?

If you draw a tile, you must play that tile.

My opinion is that the Beowulf version really screwed up the tension in the game - precisely for the reason that you've described. In Beowulf, if you draw a lousy tile you can play a different tile instead. In Kingdoms, if you draw a lousy tile you have to play that tile. For that reason alone, Kingdoms is the better game.

It also doesn't help that the Treachery and Golden Statue tiles in Beowulf are pretty unbalanced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.