Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So it seems to be another 1-share railroad and happens to be pink. I read some stuff, but maybe it could be clarified?

- track placement is free?
- NPR (haha) becomes available after someone hits Chicago?
- it starts in Detroit?
- how many cubes does it have?
- can it be played with the Erie and/or Narrow Gauge?
- will it be considered for Queen's game Chicago Express?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Breno K.
Brazil
Brasília
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's all in the rules, and Winsome does not reveal such details like that. As they pretty much like Winsome's work (and demand is shorter than supply and sales are directly controlled), winsome customers tend to respect those wishes, as will I. You are unlikely to get specific answers about rules and components.

Yes, it can be played with the other expansions. Seems unlikely that queen will publish it anytime soon, at least not until other expansions are developed and sold as a bundle as with Erie and Narrow Gauge.

I haven't actually played it, but it seems to me that it adds an extra flair to the game without it being too big a deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garcian Smith
United States
Northridge
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To update on my findings, it seems that the NPR does a couple things:

- it seems to start at the South Bend city between Detroit and Chicago
- it will have 1 share
- it builds track at no cost
- it cannot build into forests or mountains
- it has 12 trains
- it is available for auction after a train has driven into Chicago

From there, I would speculate that the NPR will usually be used to make Chicago more expensive. Since it's free, it's most likely going to go to Chicago and then make the cost +3 higher for anyone else going there.

It will also take a player out of the game like the Erie because it is a one share rail, though its limited pieces and building restrictions make it less of a commitment to get anywhere. It can build to Chicago in one build and then it probably wants to go to Detroit for more income. The price for it to break even in revenue would be 16 assuming it would go to Chicago that round. Of course I'm not sure if it can even have a Chicago Dividend, I would assume probably not.

This is what I've gathered from peoples' posts and the information released by Queen. I write this because I want to know what I am buying before I buy it rather than buy blind. I would do the same if I were buying any other game out there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen games has kickstarted a new edition of chicago express which contains also this expansion, so I think that the rules will be published :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.