Subject: Judges function? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Marino
United States
Kendall Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Does anyone know exactly what the Judges card does? I really like this version but no one seems to understand exactly what the function of the Judges is. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking at the German original:

You (player A, holding the judges) can be requested by player B to get a transfer of the skills of players C or D to him. You receive a resource card of your choice from the bank if you agree to do so.

You are the only person in the game who does not profit from this skill exchange, though.

The more players there are in the game, the more powerful the judges become. The player who owns them might get a steady source of income from it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Marino
United States
Kendall Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Thank you for the response Jörg. If I'm understanding correctly, players are requesting to use the special pioneer card skill of another player for one turn. For example:

-Player B wants to built a settlement but the distance rule is preventing him from doing so.
-Player C has the neighbors card which allows him to ignore the distance rule.
-Player B asks my permission to use Player C's special pioneer card ability for this turn only.
-I agree allowing him to build his settlement and I select a resource from the bank.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jörg Baumgartner
Germany
Kiel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's how I read the description, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Marino
United States
Kendall Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Excellent. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.