Vanuatu» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Vendor / Le Vendeur rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Chimpo
Brazil
flag msg tools
Hi

During my last play we came to a standstill regarding the Vendor profession.
Players had different interpretations of the rule. I simply thought that with the Vendor card you could sell fish without any restrictions about location or stall ownership, but others players understood that you needed to be next to an island with a stall of any color, or even that you needed to have at least one stall in a more distant island. So, was I right?

Thanks for the help and in case Alain see this, thanks for the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You were right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Liang Teo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mojo shivers
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We always explained it thematically that the vendor becomes your stall, instead of selling it to the end consumer you sell it to the vendor--no stalls at all necessary.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Breycha
Austria
flag msg tools
if the vendor is a street vendor, does it mean that i have to be adjacent to an island? i know that i need no stalls but do i need an island next to my boat? that situation could occur at the end of the game.

thank you in advance for your answer(s)
mario
(participant at the europemasters 2012 in essen)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Reid
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mdbsurf74 wrote:
if the vendor is a street vendor, does it mean that i have to be adjacent to an island? i know that i need no stalls but do i need an island next to my boat? that situation could occur at the end of the game.

Good question. I don't believe I ever discussed this with Alain. However, the "Sell" action is classified as an "Island" action, which indicates to me that you do need to be next to an island to perform it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.