Popular Tags: [View All]
Gustavo
Brazil
União Da Vitória
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone,

I recently started to get more interested in abstract games and more specifically in the games of the GIPF project. However, it seems that they are getting harder to find. I checked Rio Grande Games website and apparently this is the status of all of them:

GIPF - apparently is readily available, nothing stated regarding status or availability
DVONN - will be released/reprinted
TZAAR - will be released/reprinted
YINSH - will be released/reprinted
ZERTZ - will be released/reprinted
PÜNCT - will be released/reprinted
TAMSK - out of print

I guess my main concern here is that these titles will soon go out of print. Unfortunately I don't have the money to buy all of them right now, and buying everything at once would be much less interesting than gradually acquiring and enjoying thoroughly one after the other.

Does anybody have any updates regarding their future reprints? Are they really going to happen? Who knows if Rio Grande website has been updated or not, maybe somebody around here can tell us what are Rio Grande's intentions regarding this series...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
quite a few of these are available in my local gaming store ... TZAAR is one they don't have ... and it's the only one I want. I hope it is re-released.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
Brazil
União Da Vitória
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote Rio Grande Games and Jay replied that they've just shipped the new reprint of these games to their distributors. He didn't specify which game though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I noticed last night on Amazon that many of the games are once again being offered by sellers, whereas a few weeks ago, there were no 'new' ones for a number of the GIPF games. Plan to contact my local gaming store (is there a convenient acronym? for homebrewing, its LHBS [local homebrew store]) sometime soon about ordering them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfred Wallace
United States
Champaign
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccann51 wrote:
I noticed last night on Amazon that many of the games are once again being offered by sellers, whereas a few weeks ago, there were no 'new' ones for a number of the GIPF games. Plan to contact my local gaming store (is there a convenient acronym? for homebrewing, its LHBS [local homebrew store]) sometime soon about ordering them.

Friendly Local Game Store = FLGS

Welcome to the Geek! You have learned an essential part of our vocabulary...

(OLGS = OnLine Game Store)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Bosca
United States
Royal Oak
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yinsh = 21.95 new at CoolStuffInc.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/main_boardGame.php?viewType=view...

yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gustavo
Brazil
União Da Vitória
Paraná
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blakstar wrote:

Well, the thing is that most OLGS have so few of those in stock that, by the time I get my paycheck, the ones I want are all gone... cry

BTW, I've been watching other OLGS for a week or so, and these games sell a lot. I don't understand why they don't have more in stock, or why it takes so long for them to get more copies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blue Mountain
Australia
flag msg tools
mb
blakstar wrote:
and they have Tzaar!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.