$10.00
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Please don't reply to this thread...

unless you have something significant to add, that's not already in the thread.

What you should do, is subscribe to this thread if you're interested in being updated with information regarding availability, as it presents itself.

My hope is that people will respond to this thread as the game goes into pre-order/availability, so that myself and others can benefit from such information. Note that it is not my intent to be the sole person to post such information. Indeed, I'm hoping to gain from others' knowledge.

As of now, it seems the only information I can get regarding availability is 'first quarter 2012' and elsewhere 'February 2012'.

If you're Donald X. Vaccarino, well, knock yourself out, reply all you want!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Thornsen
United States
Nottingham
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the point of creating a thread whose sole purpose is to force me to subscribe to it.

Why not just wait until information is actually released and then make a new thread with a meaningful subject line?

I saw similar behavior over at The Cyborg and the Pygmy and I don't want this to become a growing trend on BGG. Why do you need to "reserve" a thread on the forums in anticipation of information being released in the future?

I'm already subscribed to this game, so make a new thread when new information is available. I don't want to be subscribed to a whole bunch of individual threads for each game that I am interested in. It defeats the purpose of subscribing to the game in the first place.

Apologies if this comes off as offensive, I just want to keep my subscription settings clean and this thread is just adding another item that I have to check up on constantly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess, bold, large font and a descriptive subject line wasn't enough?

If you'd really like to know why I like "subscription threads" then email me directly. Your question wasn't offensive, but your desire to hijack my thread for your own agenda is irksome.

Upon further reflection, I realize that my above response did not represent the 'play nice' attitude that we all should be encouraging here at BGG, and emailed Faranim an apology.

I do request that no further response to the usefulness or cumbersomeness of these type of threads be made to this thread, however, since such responses don't benefit either 'side'! For, if you didn't like this thread in the first place, further comments on it will only annoy you, and if you do like this thread, then you'll only expect to find useful information pertaining to "Kingdom Builder: Nomad" release dates here, and will also find non-relevant posts annoying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull One
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Actually David, your post is the offensive one. And it is a shame that you would post something in a public forum and then complain when someone replied to your public post in that public forum.

I highly suggest you reconsider your stance. Because either:

A) You believe you have control of something you don't.

B) You believe you are special and can create your own rules.

Either answer makes you rather naive and also very ignorant of what the word public means.

My suggestion, go play your childish game on your own website that you have control of. Because you don't have any controls over this one, this forum or this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull One
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
davebo wrote:
I guess, bold, large font and a descriptive subject line wasn't enough?

If you'd really like to know why I like "subscription threads" then email me directly. Your question wasn't offensive, but your desire to hijack my thread for your own agenda is irksome.

Upon further reflection, I realize that my above response did not represent the 'play nice' attitude that we all should be encouraging here at BGG, and emailed Faranim an apology.

I do request that no further response to the usefulness or cumbersomeness of these type of threads be made to this thread, however, since such responses don't benefit either 'side'! For, if you didn't like this thread in the first place, further comments on it will only annoy you, and if you do like this thread, then you'll only expect to find useful information pertaining to "Kingdom Builder: Nomad" release dates here, and will also find non-relevant posts annoying.

You really don't get it do you? You can't dictate policy in a public forum.

Please stop trying to tell people what to do. If anything you shouldn't be making threads you don't want anyone to respond to.

Think about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M Monin
United States
Branford
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmb
Remember - if you see something you want to react negatively to, flag it and forget it.

Using the icon serves two functions - first, if enough users flag a post then it will be collapsed from general view. Second, flagging posts helps bring them to the attention of the forum moderators.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David G.
United States
Moorpark
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Boards and Bits seems to have their pre-order up,with "February 2012" as their release date.

http://www.boardsandbits.com/product_info.php?products_id=24...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Gray
United States
Thousand Oaks
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this at Barnes and Noble the other day, pretty sure it had Nomad on the cover. Hope this helps you give an update.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler Somer
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rukruk wrote:
I saw this at Barnes and Noble the other day, pretty sure it had Nomad on the cover...

Maybe it was Sasquatch you saw?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull One
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Well February is almost over. Doesn't look good for this month now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Baptist
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is from the other thread, from Rajive from Queen:

Quote:
We hope to ship "Nomads" to the states within the next 10 days to be there by end of March. A street date would likely to be a week later.

Rajive
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull One
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
May and still nothing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Skull One
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
http://www.madnessgames.com/Madness.html had 9 copies for $35 a piece. No way was I going to pay that much, but at least I know it really exists finally.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
In stock at CSI and B&B.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.