Tony Fanchi
United States
Saint Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who would like to know what the game designers had in mind for combining the cards in this expansion with those of the first set, they have posted their suggestions on the game's official website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Dead
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, almost a year on.

Now that I've finally gotten around to getting Next Phase, I need to see this information...

But it's gone.

Did anyone happen to save it somewhere?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marvin Ramirez
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to know as well. If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Thompson
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
sirbeefman wrote:
I would like to know as well. If anyone can tell me I would appreciate it.

From Bandai:

Since the release of Star Trek [DBG] – TNG | Next Phase I have had several people ask how to combine and play it with the Premiere Edition. There isn’t any instructions in the rule book on how to use these two games in tandem. What do I take out? What do I put in? and so on….

It was our plan to let you the consumer decide how to combine the 2 games once you have played them each individually. Although we give you the information to play each of the different Scenarios, we wanted you to use your own imaginations when it came to mixing and matching the individual pieces of the game.

Combine the Starships, or Randomly choose 15 of them, or just swap out 1 set for another. If you didn’t like the influence of the Starships in the game you could remove the stronger ships and leave only the weaker ones to reduce their impact on the game. If you wanted a longer game you could combine all the Exploration Scenario cards from both games. If you wanted a random experience you could randomly choose 25 of the Exploration cards from both sets so you have no idea which of them you will encounter.

However, some of you may prefer to simply be given some general rules for combining the 2 sets. So here are some of my suggestions:

1) Play each of the Premiere Scenarios using the Starships from Next Phase.

2) Randomly select 25 cards from the 2 Exploration Scenarios and combine them with whichever Starships you prefer to form a Random Exploration Space Deck.

3) Randomly Select 24 cards from the 2 Borg Scenarios and then randomly select a Boss (Locutus or Borg Queen) and combine that with whichever Starships you prefer to form a Random Borg Space Deck. This can be fun but also possibly extremely devastating.

4) For a long or short (Depending on how bad your luck is) game combine all the Borg Scenario cards and Starships and see how long you can survive.

5) Minimize the impact of Starships in any Scenario by using only the 25 Point Starships in Premiere and the 25 Point Starships in Next Phase.

If you have come up with some custom setup that you really enjoy, please share it with us below in the comments section.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.